- Imac Video Player
- Vlc Media Player
- Video Player For Macbook Pro
- Video Player For Mac Os X
- The Best Video Player For Mac Os
IINA is born to be a modern macOS application, from its framework to the user interface. It adopts the post-Yosemite design language of macOS and keeps up the pace of new technologies like Force Touch, Touch Bar, and Picture-in-Picture. BSPlayer for Mac OS X, download best alternative solutions carefully chosen by our editors and user community. Windows Mac Android ForMac. Bino is a video player with the following main features: Support for stereoscopic 3D video, with a wide variety of input and output formats. Not an alternative? VLC Media Player. The app is not just the best Mac video player but it is, in fact, the best multimedia. VLC is the longtime king of video players, and it’s easily one of the best video players on the.
Video Player for MAC OS X – Which is the best video player for Mac? See the list of top 10 best Video players for MAC OS X
If you like watching videos and movies on your MAC OS X, you should have good powerful video players which can support any format and give the HD view of all the movies.
MAC OS X is having a very limited number of media players available and it can be difficult sometimes to select the best video player for Mac. Specially, if you are a new Mac user and don’t have any ideas of which is the best video player for Mac? Or, how to download best video player for Mac OS X?
So, if you are looking for the best video player for Mac then you are at the absolute right place as today we are going to share the top 10 best video players for MAC OS X in this post.
Related tips you might like »»
10 Best Video Players for Mac OS X
Since, the default video player of Mac OS X doesn’t support some video file formats like MKV, AVI, FLV, etc. So, you need to install a third-party media player that supports all video file formats on Mac.
In this guide, we have gathered some best video players for Mac OS X which allows you to play any file formats like MOV, MP4, QuickTime, AVI, MPEG, some WMV, DVD ISO file, etc. So, let’s have a look at the list of top 10 best video players for MAC OS X:
(1) VLC Media Player
The first video player for MAC is the VLC Media Player. This is an open source software which you can use to watch all your favorite movies and videos. One of the reasons that you need to try VLC on your MAC OS X is it comes with easy to use interface and supports many different file formats.
Imac Video Player
Some of the most exclusive features of VLC Media Player are:
- Simple, fast and powerful media player.
- Plays everything: Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices and Streams.
- Runs on all platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix etc.
- Completely Free, no spyware, no ads and no user tracking.
- Can do media conversion and streaming.
- Plays most codecs with no codec packs needed: MPEG-2, DivX, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3 and much more.
(2) Macgo Mac Media Player
Macgo Mac Media Player is a best free media player for Mac OS X with high definition quality of up to 1080P/4K Video and DTS5.1 audio system. Macgo Mac Media Player offers a lot of playback options. You can watch the movies and videos in foreign languages by taking help of the subtitles. There are many themes also available for this video player which will help you to customize it. You can download best video players for Mac for free.
Some most important features of Macgo Mac Media Player are:
- Macgo Mac Media Player is 100% FREE to use
- Support (HD) high definition of up to 1080P/4K Video and DTS5.1 audio
- System Requirements for the Mac Version: Mac OS X 10.6 – 10.11 El Capitan
- Almost all kinds of media formats, like DVD, videos, audios and photos can be played with it
- Even, it can play on iPhone / iPad (mini / Air) / iPod touch with AirX feature available
- Quite adjustable audio and video settings, and amazing themes
(3) Elmedia Player
Elmedia Player is also a well known best free media player for Mac OS X. This software can not only be used for watching videos but also for listening to songs and streaming online movies and videos from Youtube. To get the best movies experience, there are advanced features in this video player such as 10 band equalizer, brightness control, contrast, saturation among many others.
Some of the most valuable features of Elmedia Player are:
- A multifunctional free media player for Mac
- It can play virtually all media files on your Mac
- Allows you to watch online videos from the app window
- Download videos and soundtracks from YouTube
- Grab a still from a video or make a set of images
- Convert Projector EXE files into SWF format
- Having video tuner to adjust brightness, contrast, saturation and other related parameters.
- You can save videos, including RTMP streams, and external resources required by SWF animations.
- It supports a wide range of audio & video formats including FLV, SWF, WMV, AVI, MOV, MP4, MP3, DAT, FLAC, M4V, MPG, MKV and more.
The next best video player for MAC is 5KPlayer. Using this video player you can watch any movie you want to watch flawlessly. 5KPlayer will allow you to view the movies in 4K, 5K, 1080p HD resolution also. Along with watching movies, you can use this video player to play your favorite music too in different file formats such as FLAC, MP3, APE, and AAC. You can also play songs on this software by connecting it with Apple Play.
Basically, 5KPlayer is a complete mixture of free (MKV) HD video player, music player, AirPlay media streamer and
online video downloader. Here are some most exclusive features of 5KPlayer:
- Play MP3 AAC APE FLAC music perfectly to activate your senses.
- Have built-in AirPlay sender/receiver to stream audio video.
- Download online videos from YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo etc.
- 5KPlayer Supports Playing DVDs on Mac/PC
- Play 4K/5K/1080p HD videos, DVDs and radio with a revolutionary design.
(5) DivX Player
DivX Player is an award-winning video player software that allows you to play, create and stream their favorite videos, including DivX, MKV and HEVC up to 4K. DivX is one of the best video players for Mac as it supports playback of all the movies which are in ultra HD quality. If you like watching movies from the DVD’s then you need to try DivX. The software is available for free for MAC OS X.
Some of the most important features of DivX Player are:
- High-quality video playback up to 4K and streaming to devices
- It is completely optimized for movies, TV shows and web video clips
- It allows you to pick your scene and get organized with playlists (video library with custom playlists)
- Copy videos to CD, DVD and USB
- Stream videos to DLNA-compatible devices like Samsung 0003and LG TVs, gaming consoles, tablets and more
- Create and play videos with multiple audio and subtitle tracks in several formats
- Custom encoding settings in Converter: resolution, video bitrate, rotation, and HEVC encoding modes
- Advanced audio features (support for multiple audios)
- Even, you can easily keep track of what you watch
- Perfectly supports all the most popular formats, including AVI, DIVX, MKV, MP4 and much more
Perian is a free open source, QuickTime program that supports many popular media types, including AVI, DivX, and XviD. This video player is ideal for watching all the movies which are available in Quicktime file format. The software is open source which means you can download video player for mac for free. There are a lot of useful and advanced features present in Perian.
Some most interesting features of Perian are:
- Works with QuickTime 7.6.6
- Subtitle support for SSA/ASS, SAMI, and SRT
- Fairly compatible with MAC OS X 10.4.7 Or Higher versions
- Support wide range of media files like AVI, DIVX, FLV, MKV, GVI, VP6, VFW and many more
MPlayerX is the next player which makes to our list of video players for MAC OS X. MPlayer X is used by many MAC users. The reason behind this is that MPlayerX software has all the famous codecs which are used in video files. You can also watch movies online from streaming websites like Vimeo, Youtube as the video players for MAC allows you to watch online videos. You can download video player for MAC for free.
If you are looking for a simple, powerful, and beautiful video player for Mac OS X then MPlayerX is one of the most appropriate choices for you. Some most important key features of MPlayerX are:
- Multi-Screen & Fullscreen support.
- Apple Remote support, Multi-Touch support.
- Play online video in single click
- Automatic find next proper file to play.
- Having the ability to manually fix audio and video
- Change subtitle size while playing(except VOBSub)
- Remember last played time and resume playing.
- It can detect and convert the encoding method of the subtitle file automatically.
- System requirements for Mac version: Mac OS X 10.7 or later (Intel, 64-bit processor)
Vlc Media Player
Movavi media player is also one of the most simple ways to play any video or audio on your Mac. If you want to download the best video players for MAC OS X, you should give a try to Movavi. This video player supports more than 50 file formats which will allow you to watch any movie. The interface of this video players for MAC is clean and user-friendly.
Some most valuable features of Movavi media player for Mac:
- Enjoy smooth HD video playback
- Play WMV video and WMA audio on your Mac
- Full with features and helpful video playing options
- Open media files of more than 50 formats: AVI, MOV, WMV, MKV, MP4, FLV, MTS, and more
- System Requirements for Mac version: Mac OS X 10.6 – 10.10 – 64-bit (Intel-based Mac computer)
(9) QuickTime Player
The next best video player for MAC OS X is QuickTime Player. The software is developed by Apple and is compatible with all the Apple laptops. If you want to watch QuickTime movies, you can use this video player. This good video player for MAC also supports playback of the MIDI files.
Some most well-known features of QuickTime player are:
- Playback of 30+ common audio and video formats
- Quick play, record, edit, and share audio and video files on your Mac.
- System requirements: Mac OS X 10.6.3 or later
- Support various languages
(10) GOM Player
The last player which makes to our list of the good video player for MAC is GOM Player. This video player is very easy to use and comes with good looks. All the famous video formats are compatible with this software. You can adjust the brightness, contrast, and even saturation while you are watching movies in GOM Player.
Some most important features of GOM Media Player are:
- GOM Media Player is completely free to download and use.
- Allows you to make customization according to your need
- Includes synchronization options
- Adjustable zoom and aspect ratio
- Codec finder will help you to search and download the missing codec.
- Advanced features like A-B repeat, screen capture, Media Player capture, playback speed control, and video effects etc.
- Ability to play all the most popular video formats by default: AVI, MP4, MKV, FLV, WMV, MOV, and more!
If you are looking for a lightweight video player for Mac, VLC media player is the best player for your MAC OS X computer. All other video players will also perfectly help you in watching your favorite movies, and videos on Mac.
Format to FAT32If you have an NTFS drive you can use macOS’ Disk Utility to reformat it to FAT32. This is simple to do and means the data on your drive/USB stick can be read and written on both Macs and PCs.Be aware that the FAT32 format isn’t as efficient as NTFS: it only supports files sizes of up to 4GB. This may pose a problem if you’re using the drive to store high-quality videos. What does mac os extended journaled mean. In other words, as a Mac user you can only open and view files on Windows drives: you can’t change them in anyway, nor can you copy new files to NTFS format disks.In this guide, you’ll discover several solutions to this dilemma from formatting drives to a more universal file system to using third-party tools.1.
Please feel free to share your view with us using the comment section below – According to you, which is the best video player for Mac? which video player are you using on your MAC OS X?
Read next:How to Watch 3D Movies on PC using VLC Media Player
Video Player For Macbook Pro
Devices and Mac OS X version
VLC media player requires Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later. It runs on any 64bit Intel-based Mac. Previous devices are supported by older releases.
Note that the first generation of Intel-based Macs equipped with Core Solo or Core Duo processors is no longer supported. Please use version 2.0.10 linked below.
Web browser plugin for Mac OS X
Support for NPAPI plugins was removed from all modern web browsers, so VLC's plugin is no longer maintained. The last version is 3.0.4 and can be found here. It will not receive any further updates.
Older versions of Mac OS X and VLC media player
We provide older releases for users who wish to deploy our software on legacy releases of Mac OS X. You can find recommendations for the respective operating system version below. Note that support ended for all releases listed below and hence they won't receive any further updates.
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Use VLC 2.2.8. Get it here.
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
Use VLC 2.0.10. Get it for PowerPC or 32bit Intel.
Video Player For Mac Os X
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
Mac OS X 10.4.7 or later is required
Use VLC 0.9.10. Get it for PowerPC or Intel.
Mac OS X 10.3 Panther
QuickTime 6.5.2 or later is required
The Best Video Player For Mac Os
Use VLC 0.8.6i. Get it for PowerPC.
Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
Use VLC 0.8.4a. Get it for PowerPC.
Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah and 10.1 Puma
Use VLC 0.7.0. Get it for PowerPC.