The introduction of the Windows 10 update has marked the beginning of a new era in computing. This update featured a lot of performance improvements and bug fixes. Numerous features were (re)introduced, among which are the Start Menu, Windows Default Apps, Cortana, multiple desktops and more. However, some users have reported various minor bugs in Windows 10. For example, many iPhone users seem to face a problem when importing photos from their iPhone to their Windows 10 PC. Here in this article we will give you some tips on how to solve this problem.
- Jan 28, 2020.
- Photo Transfer App for iPhone and iPod touch. Photo Transfer App allows you to easily download photos from your iPhone or iPod touch to your computer as well as exchange photos from and to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. Transfer photos over Wi-Fi, no cables or extra software required.
Apr 03, 2010.
Jul 10, 2020. May 20, 2020.
1. Photos App to Transfer Pictures from iPhone to Windows 10
The default Photos app in Windows 10 can be used to transfer photos easily. You can even do batches transfer of photos from your iPhone. Steps are as follows:
- Connect your iPhone to PC using a USB cable.
- Search “Photos” from the Start menu and open it.
- Click on the Import button at the top right corner of the main screen.
- Select your iPhone from a list of devices to confirm multiple photos transfer.
2. Windows Explorer to Copy iPhone Photos to Windows 10
You can also import photos from iPhone to Windows 10 using the Windows explorer.
- Open Windows Explorer and click on This PC in the left sidebar.
- Click on your iPhone's name and open the DCIM folder in Internal Storage.
- Press Ctrl and select the photos you want to transfer.
- Right-click anywhere and choose Copy in the menu that appears, or just use Ctrl + C.
- Go to your Pictures folder on your hard drive and paste the pictures.
3. Cloud Service to Transfer iPhone Photos to Windows 10
Another way to transfer iPhone photos to Windows 10 is to use cloud storage services such as OneDrive, Dropbox, iCloud. We'll look at the above-mentioned cloud storage services one by one, and also detail the steps involved in transferring iPhone photos to Windows 10.
The good thing is you don't even need to use any USB cable to connect to your PC, and your photos are transferred to your PC once you start syncing to your PC. To make it easier to sync for Dropbox and OneDrive, enable camera upload in the settings for the apps on your iPhone.
Steps to Import iPhone Photos to Windows 10 Using OneDrive
- Open OneDrive.
- Click on Settings, choose folders for syncing.
- Choose the folders where your photos are located (e.g. DCIM).
- Press OK and make the app sync the folders. Then wait for the process to finish.
Steps to Move iPhone Photos to Windows 10 Using Dropbox
Best App For Downloading Pictures From Iphone To Computer
- Go to Dropbox.com, download and install Dropbox Desktop Sync.
- Click the Dropbox icon on the right part of the taskbar to access settings and select folders for syncing.
- Click Preferences and go to Accounts tab to choose Selective Sync.
- All the folders in your Dropbox will appear, and then select the ones you need to transfer.
Steps to Sync iPhone Photos to Windows 10 Using iCloud
This is a simple cloud storage service for iPhone users, much like OneDrive is for Windows users.
- Download iCloud for Windows and then install it.
- Log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Go to the box named Photos and tick the Options button.
- Mark My Photo Stream and tick Upload new photos from my PC.
- Hit Done and then Apply to complete.
App For Downloading Pictures From Iphone To Computer
4. D-Port to Import Photos from iPhone to Windows 10
iMyFone D-Port iOS Data Exporter is a great and easy-to-use software for exporting or extracting your iPhone data from iCloud/ iTunes backups to a Windows PC or Mac. It can transfer over 18 different data types from an iDevice, among which are photos, videos, messages, contacts, notes, WhatsApp data, WeChat data, Kik data, Viber data, voice memos, call history, Safari history & bookmarks and etc. It also supports almost every known iOS device running on iOS 7/8/9/10/11. For instance, it's fully compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, most models of iPad and iPod Touch devices. Serial number for adobe photoshop.
3 Easy Steps to Back Up iPhone Photos to Windows 10 with D-Port
Run iMyFone D-Port Data Exporter and connect your iPhone/iPad to your PC using a USB cable before transfer.
- Select Back Up & Export from Device. You should ensure that the software detects your device before you click on Export Data.
- Then the screen will display different file types. You only need to tick the checkbox next to Photo alone (under the Photos and Videos tab) to start scanning.
- After that, you can preview the files to be imported and selectively choose the ones you want. Click Export and the photos will appear on your Windows 10.
Steps to Back Up iPhone Data to Windows 10 Entirely with D-Port
- Connect your iDevice to your PC using a USB cable, then open iMyFone D-Port and select Back Up & Export from Device from the main page.
- Click Make a Full Backup and on the second screen that appears, click the Back Up button to begin. You must not disconnect your device until the process is completed to avoid errors.
- When the backup is done, you’ll be informed with a message that the device has been backed up successfully. Then you can view the imported data anytime you want.
Note: To restore this backup to your iDevice, you need to upgrade D-Port to D-Port Pro.