So you own an older iOS device. And you are very happy with your device because it still works like new. However, your device may be too old for a lot of apps as they may require the latest version of iOS to run properly. It could be such a pain to download apps.
This means that you may not be able to download and install some apps on your device because they may require the latest version of iOS. When you do that you may get an error popup saying this:
Daily Stories. From exclusive world premieres to behind‑the‑scenes interviews, original stories. To install Office, try signing in directly to the Microsoft 365 Software page instead. Select the language and bit-version you want (PC users can choose between 32-bit and 64-bit), and then click Install. See Steps 2 and 3 on the PC or Mac tabs above to help you with the rest of the install process. Sep 30, 2019.
This application requires iOS X.X or later. You must update to iOS X.X in order to download and use this application. (see the image below)
Apr 01, 2020. Jan 27, 2020.
This message is useless if your device does not support the iOS X.X version. So how are you going to download this app? Do not worry, there is a way to do this.
Likewise, you may get a similar message saying “this app is not compatible with your device” when you want to download certain apps on your iPad or iPhone, such as Netflix.
See also: Cannot Connect to the App Store, Fix
Older devices may not support the highest supported versions of iOS available. Thus, for instance, you can not install iOS 12 on the original iPad (iPad 1). The last version of iOS that you can install on the original iPad is iOS 5.1.1. Below is the highest versions of iOS available for some of older iOS devices:
- iPhone 4: iOS 7.1.2
- iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 5, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad Mini 1: iOS 9.3.5
- iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPad 4: iOS 10.3.3
- iPad 1, iPod Touch 3: iOS 5.1.1
However you may be still able to download the last compatible version. This means that, for instance, you may be able to download the Netflix app on your iOS device running 9.3.5 or 10.3.3. This article explains how you can do that:
You may be able to download and install previously purchased apps (perhaps you deleted later). This means two things:
1. If you previously purchased this app, you can redownload and reinstall again. Here is how:
- First make sure that you are signed in with the Apple ID that you used to bought the app originally.
- Open the App Store app on your device.
- Find the Purchased tab and My Purchases. Here you can see all the apps you have installed previously.
- Find the app you want to install
- Tap the iCloud icon
- A popup will appear and you will be asked: “Download an older version of this app? The current version requires iOS X.X or later but you can download the last compatible version” Simple tap “Download”
- And download will commence.
2. Ok you may think that number #1 does not work because you have never downloaded the particular app that you want to install. How can you do that? If this is the case, you can buy the app on a newer device and then find and download on your older device. Here is how you can do this:
- You need to have a newer iOS device (if you do not have one, you can borrow one from a friend).
- Make sure that you’re signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on both devices (if you are borrowing a device from a friend, your friend needs to log out first, your friend may want to make copies of the information that he stored in iCloud).
- On your new device, launch the App Store and find the app and download and install.
- Now get your old device that you want to install the app. On your old device, go to App Store and then Purchased. You will see the app there because you just purchased it. İf you do not see it yet, just wait.
- And then tap the iCloud icon to download the app.
- And the download will start.
Note that these methods may not work for all apps. This only works if the developer of the app had not deleted it from the Apple’s App servers. Furthermore, since you are downloading an older version of the app, it is highly likely that not all features of the app may be available.
See also: Your Account Has Been Disabled in the Apple Store and iTunes, Fix
If you are an Apple device owner you have probably heard of Apple TV and maybe you are already using it. It is a powerful device for streaming music, movies and your favorite TV shows. Apple TV connects your mobile phone with your TV and thanks to its pre-installed apps you have a full pack of features right away. However, if you are wondering how to add apps to Apple TV the answer is not simple.
What generation of Apple TV do you have?
If you have the 4th and the 5th generation of Apple TV we have good news for you. You can add apps to Apple TV.
In addition to default apps that are installed on your Apple TV, you can go to the app store and install new apps. The process of installing apps on Apple TV is pretty straightforward, but a bit different from installing apps on mobile phones. Depending on the app you purchased for your iPhone, you can redownload it on your Apple TV. Simply access the option Not on This Apple TV from the Apple TV Purchased menu and check the list of apps you can download.
Another way is to simply browse the app store for Apple TV and download new applications. If the app is free there will be Get button and if it is paid, you will see the option to buy. For those apps you already have on your iPhone or iPad, it will ask you install the app again.
Can't Install App On Mac
Unfortunately, if you own older generations of Apple TV you cannot easily add apps to it. However, there are workaround ways:
- Use AirPlay to stream the apps you have on your iPhone or iPad
- Jailbreak your Apple TV (warning: jailbreaking can turn bad if you are not skilled enough to do it and your device may become unusable)
How to update apps on Apple TV
Apart from adding new applications to Apple TV, you can of course update the old ones. Usually, it is set up by default that the apps are updated automatically, but if you for some reason want to turn off that option, you can always update apps manually.
By default, apps are automatically updated when new versions are released. You can turn this feature on or off.
As usual with Apple devices, you just need to find the app you want to update in the app store and see if there’s an option to update it. Microsoft office mac torrent.
How to delete apps from Apple TV
If you for some reason want to remove an app from your Apple TV, select the app and hold until the option to Play or Pause appears.
How To Delete Apps On Mac
Click on the Delete button to remove the app. Have in mind that all information will be deleted that has to do with that app.
Using Apple TV on Samsung
If you have a Samsung TV but Apple mobile devices, you can actually watch Apple TV and iTunes movies, shows and channels on your TV. However, this option is possible on the alls Samsung TVs released in 2019 and some models from 2018: Samsung FHD/HD 4, 5 Series, Samsung QLED 4K Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9 Series, Samsung The Frame Series, Samsung UHD 6, 7, 8 Series.