Outlook for Mac accounts connected to Exchange may sometimes get error messages stating that their Exchange mailbox is full. And IT support team may have to ask the email client users to delete unnecessary emails and attachments or to archive their mailbox data. Here, we will go through the causes of this issue and ways to deal with it.
Why the Exchange Mailbox is Full?
To Archive Email in Outlook 2016 & 2011 for Mac, the user has to follow the different steps. When the user archive Mac Outlook data then the file created is known as an OLM file. The user can easily find mac Outlook 2016 archive location & create OLM file by following the steps given below. Open Outlook on your PC or Mac. If you’re using Windows, it’s in the All Apps area of the Start menu.
An Exchange connected user mailbox cannot accommodate more messages when its size reaches the mailbox quota allocated by the Exchange administrator for it. Then, users will have to reduce their mailbox size from the Outlook for Mac email client itself. Deleting unwanted emails and separating attachments from mails can help to some extent. However, a better approach would be to archive the old Outlook for Mac mailbox data and retain only the recent and most relevant items in the mailbox. Let us see how you can check the size of your Outlook for Mac mailbox folders and archive their items.
Get Kernel for OLM to PST Converter, an automated tool to backup your important Outlook for Mac user data, including emails, attachments, calendars, etc. to Outlook PST.
How to Check the Size of Mailbox Folders in Outlook for Mac?
In Outlook for Mac, users don’t have the facility to check the size of the entire mailbox. They have to do it individually for each folder. For this, right-click the folder, select Folder Properties, and go to Storage tab on the Folder Properties dialogue box. Here one can view the size of the folder as well as the sizes of its subfolders.
Users can also change the location for the download, which is a small but nice touch to give you control over where the content is saved. Video download from youtube for macbook pro. From a download section, users can enter a YouTube URL for downloading, but if they have the YouTube link open in a Web browser, it automatically places it into the URL area, which is a helpful feature, especially when dealing with long, complicated addresses.
How to Archive Outlook for Mac Mailbox Folder Data?
The method for archiving folders in Outlook for Mac is given below: Download fl studio for mac os x.
- Begin by choosing one or more messages to archive.
- From the top ribbon, select Archive.
- Click on Continue on the prompt (This will let you create you a new archive folder).
- Now, to set archiving rules go to Tools and select Rules, further select Edit Rules.
- Then select Exchange from the left menu pane, then click on ‘+’ to add a new rule.
- Assign a Rule name and specify the required conditions. Then click on OK to save the rule.
- To apply the rule to a folder, select all its emails and click Message > Rules > Apply > Select Rule.
How to Backup OLM Files in PST?
Many OLM users may want to backup their OLM files as PST files. By doing so, they can access their emails in MS Outlook (Windows environment). The process is given below:
- Begin by signing in to your Gmail account so as to configure the IMAP email account.
- Then configure your Mac Outlook OLM file with the same Gmail account.
- Now, create a Gmail label and then start synchronizing the OLM file with IMAP
- Now, move all OLM file data to IMAP account and then move OLM emails from IMAP mailbox to MS Outlook PST
Also, you can opt for a third party tool Kernel for OLM to PST converter for the conversion of OLM files to PST. This tool helps you to convert OLM files to PST format. It helps migrate all Outlook for Mac items including emails, attachments, calendars, etc. to the Windows environment.
Macintosh Classic Software