|Studio album by|
|Released||June 26, 2007|
|Studio||Oscilloscope Laboratories, New York City|
|Beastie Boys chronology|
|Singles from The Mix-Up|
The Mix-Up is the seventh studio album by the Beastie Boys, released on June 26, 2007. The album consists entirely of instrumental performances and won a Grammy Award for Best Pop Instrumental Album.
Beastie Boys Top Songs
Aug 10, 2017 Beastie Boys - Licensed To Ill (1986) 01 Rhymin & Stealin 02 The New Style 03 She’s Crafty 04 Posse In Effect 05 Slow Ride. Nov 03, 2011 50+ videos Play all Mix - Beastie Boys - The Mix Up - B for My Name. YouTube; 14th St. Break - Duration: 3:35. BeastieBoys 50,360 views.
On May 1, 2007, an e-mail sent to those on the Beastie Boys' mailing list revealed the album is all instrumental.
OK, here's our blurb about our new album — it spits hot fire! — hot shit! it's official.. it's named THE MIX-UP. g'wan. all instrumental record. 'see i knew they were gonna do that!' that's a quote from you. check the track listing and cover below. you love us. don't you?'
On June 21, 2007, a legal stream of the entire album was released on BrooklynVegan.com. Drummer Mike D said that 'even though The Mix-Up is a 'post-punk instrumental' album, the Beasties have no plans to ditch vocals for good. In fact, they are currently planning another version of the album that will feature collaborations with 'a pretty wide array' of 'mostly newer' vocalists.' Two singers speculated to be featured on the vocal version were Jarvis Cocker and M.I.A.
- The group, formed in 1981, consisted of rappers Adam 'MCA' Yauch (vocals, bass), Michael 'Mike D' Diamond (vocals, drums) and Adam 'Ad-Rock' Horovitz (vocals, guitars), originally accompanied by DJ Hurricane and later accompanied by turntablist Mix Master Mike.Originally a hardcore punk group, the group's first release, Polly Wog Stew, was released in November 1982.
- Listen to The Mix-Up (Bonus Tracks) - EP by Beastie Boys on VIBBIDI - Browse every single Songs, Tracklists, Music Videos, Remixes, Fan Covers, Live Performances, Tours, Playlists, Lyrics, Narrative Stories, News & more for free!
In an interview with The Aquarian Weekly, published in February 2008, the band was asked if they were making a statement about the status of hip-hop music by releasing an album strictly of instrumentals. “In a way, the album was a reaction to our hip hop,' said Ad-Rock 'Our last record was an all rap record, so when we started recording [The Mix Up] we wanted to work with some instruments, and it just sounded cool, so we kept with it.”  Mike D expanded on Ad-Rock's response, adding, 'We get asked, ‘What do you think of the state of hip hop today?’ a lot. Maybe I’m being defensive, but it seems like people always look for us to come out and criticize hip hop. But hip hop is what we grew up on, and it continues to be one of the only forms of music left that strives on evolution and innovation. Yeah, we might be in a spell where we’re waiting for that next record to come out and change everything—but still, that’s what hip hop is and that’s what puts it in its unique place.” 
|The A.V. Club||(B) |
|Pitchfork Media||(4.6/10) |
The album debuted at number 15 on the U.S. Billboard 200, selling 44,000 copies in its first week. It was their lowest charting album in the US. Uncut magazine gave it four stars out of five, saying 'The Mix-Up is the best record collection ever thoroughly digested and re-imagined by a bunch of guys in love with sound.'The Mix-Up won a Grammy in the Best Pop Instrumental category.
|1.||'B for My Name'||3:31|
|2.||'14th St. Break'||3:34|
|3.||'Suco de Tangerina'||3:17|
|4.||'The Gala Event'||3:47|
|7.||'Off the Grid'||4:36|
|8.||'The Rat Cage'||3:37|
|11.||'The Cousin of Death'||3:06|
|12.||'The Kangaroo Rat'||3:28|
|13.||'Biscuits and Butter' (iTunes bonus track)||4:19|
|2.||'Beasley Is a Beast'||3:49|
|4.||'The Panda Rat'||3:40|
- Ad-Rock – guitars, producer, engineer, art direction
- MCA – bass guitar and upright basses, producer, engineer, art direction
- Mike D – drums, producer, engineer, art direction
- Money Mark – clavinet, Rhodes, Farfisa
- Alfredo Ortiz – percussion
Always back up your worlds before updating!Welcome to Sky Factory 2! A lot has changed since version 1. Sky factory mac.
- Jon Weiner – engineer
- Greg Calbi – mastering
- Bill McMullen – illustration, package design
Beastie Boys Video
|US Billboard 200||15|
Beastie Boys The Mix Up Rare
- ^Mitchum, Rob (June 26, 2007). 'Beastie Boys: The'. Pitchfork. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- ^ ab'NME Album Reviews - Beastie Boys'. Nme.Com. June 18, 2007. Retrieved May 25, 2012.
- ^Schiller, Mike (June 25, 2007). 'Beastie Boys: The Mix-Up'. PopMatters. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- ^ abDouglas Wolk (June 22, 2007). 'The Mix-Up Review Music Reviews and News'. EW.com. Retrieved May 25, 2012.
- ^ abThe Mix-Up at AllMusic
- ^ abGrammy Winners List
- ^Mike D. Talks New Beastie Boys Instrumental Album
- ^Bizarre Beastie Boys Update - Second Edition of new Album 'The Mix-Up' to feature vocals and remixes
- ^ abThe Beastie Boys: Still Mixing It Up, by Daniel Alleva, The Aquarian Weekly, 2/27/08
- ^'The Mix-Up Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More'. Metacritic. June 26, 2007. Retrieved May 25, 2012.
- ^Rabin, Nathan (June 26, 2007). 'Beastie Boys: The Mix-Up Music Music Review'. The A.V. Club. Retrieved May 25, 2012.
- ^'CG: beastie boys'. Robert Christgau. Retrieved May 25, 2012.
- ^'The Beastie Boys - The Mix-Up - Review'. Stylus Magazine. Retrieved May 25, 2012.
- ^Schiller, Mike. 'Beastie Boys: The Mix-Up < PopMatters'. Popmatters.com. Retrieved May 25, 2012.
- ^'Beastie Boys: The Mix-Up Album Reviews'. Pitchfork. June 26, 2007. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- ^Rob Sheffield (June 13, 2007). 'The Mix Up Album Reviews'. Rolling Stone. Retrieved May 25, 2012.
- ^Vibe Magazine - 'Maybe The Mix-Up woks simply because it does nothing terribily wrong.'
- ^Jonathan Cohen, 'Cyrus Sidesteps Clarkson To Debut At No. 1', Billboard.com, July 4, 2007.
- ^Uncut (p.96) - 4 stars out of 5 -- 'THE MIX-UP is the best record collection ever thoroughly digested and re-imagined by a bunch of guys in love with sound.'
- ^'Beastie Boys Chart History (Billboard 200)'. Billboard. Retrieved May 4, 2013.