Download binaries for ffmpeg, ffprobe, ffserver and ffplay (Windows, Mac, Linux). Antivirus for xp 64-bit. Download and install: Click to download and install the latest version of ffmpegX for MacOSX 10.2-10.14. Mailing list: If you want to receive an email when ffmpegX is updated, sign up to the mailing list by entering your email address here. Mac OS X 10.3 to 10.7 (10.2 with the older version 0.0.9k).is an open source program of the foundation FFmepg.org providing a comprehensive set of methods to manipulate images and videos.
Animator uses FFmpeg to stitch the set of images generated for each frame of an animation into a video with various format. If you do not install FFmpeg, Animator will only generate the animation as a sequence of images.
This post indicates where to download FFmpeg from and then how to install it so that it can be used by Animator.
Step 1 - Downloading FFmpeg
The first step is to download the FFmpeg static package from the FFmpeg official site. The package is a ZIP file of around 60-70 Mb.
It is advised to take the latest version. Animator uses very few functionality from FFmpeg and therefore is not too sensitive to the version. Unless you have specific reasons, just stick to a recent version.
For Windows 64bits:
Zip files have the form ffmpeg-<date>-<build>-win64-static.zip
For Mac OSX:
Zip files have the form ffmpeg-<date>-<build>-macos64-static.zip
Step 2 - Extracting FFmpeg executable
The second step is to extract the FFmpeg executable from the ZIP archive you just downloaded
Download Ffmpeg Library For Audacity Mac.
1) Open the Zip file (with 7-Zip program or equivalent). You will find a hierarchy of subfolders in the zip file
The only file you need is ffmpeg.exe (on Windows) and ffmpeg (on Mac OSX), which is located in the bin subfolder.
On Mac, the FFmpeg executable is just ffmpeg, without any extension.
How To Download Ffmpeg For MacYou may need to authorize FFmpeg for your Mac. Go to the Security panel (menu Apple > System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General).
Depending on your Unzip utility and how you master the process, you may alternatively extract all files in a neutral directory, so that you can later copy ffmpeg.exe elsewhere.
2) Copy the file ffmpeg.exe to a safe place on your computer
Just make sure you remember where you put the file on your computer.
The best is to copy the FFmpeg executable to a location that is independent from the current Sketchup version.
Note: If you put the FFmpeg executable in the following directories, the location will be automatically recognized by Animator, and you can skip Step 3 below:
- On Windows: C:FFmpeg
- On Mac: ~/Applications
Step 3 - Locating FFmpeg within Animator
If you did not install and locate FFmpeg on your computer and you try to generate a video with Animator, you will get the following flavor of the dialog box for generating videos:
The button How to get FFmpeg? opens the present post on Sketchucation.
The button Find FFmpeg program? is used to locate the FFmpeg executable on your computer, after you performed Step 1 and Step 2.
Once Animator knows where the FFmpeg program is located, then you will go directly to the normal flavor of the dialog box, allowing you to generate videos files in various formats.
Note that you can still change the location of FFMpeg executable with the button FFmpeg on the right of the dialog box.Latest project news:
Aug 3, 2011 - ffmpegX 0.0.9y-L r2 released for OSX 10.7 to 10.14What's new
Jul 30, 2011 - ffmpegX 0.0.9y-L released for OSX 10.7 'Lion'. What's new
Jan 26, 2008 - ffmpegX 0.0.9y released. What's new
Oct 2, 2006 - ffmpegX 0.0.9x r2 released. What's new
Sep 22, 2006 - Added a new guide: How to encode a movie in h.264 high resolution (640-width) for the iPod
Jul 1, 2006 - ffmpegX 0.0.9w r5 released. What's new
Apr 30, 2006 - The ffmpegX website has moved to a new host and has a new address. Please update all your links to the new URL: http://www.ffmpegX.com/
Apr 27, 2006 - ffmpegX 0.0.9w released. What's new
Apr 27, 2006 - Added a new guide: How to encode a movie in FLV Flash Video format for your website or blog
ffmpegX is a Mac OS X graphic user interface designed to easily operate more than 20 powerful Unix open-source video and audio processing tools includingffmpeg the 'hyper fast video and audio encoder' (http://ffmpeg.sf.net/), mpeg2enc the open-source mpeg-2 encoder and multiplexer (http://mjpeg.sf.net/MacOS/)and mencoder the mpeg-4 encoder with subtitles support(http://sf.net/projects/mplayerosx).
Please note: the ffmpegX project is not associated with the ffmpeg project, and support emails about ffmpegX should not be sent to the ffmpeg project !
- As simple as 1.2.3 : Drop a file, choose a destination format, and click 'Encode'.
- Reads the following input formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DIVX, XviD, non-encrypted VOB and VIDEO_TS, Quicktime .MOV, .DV, .WAV, Real Audio, Real Video, H.263, MP4 H.264, PGM, YUV, PPM, AC3, PCM8/16 bits, mulaw/Alaw, WMA-1/2, SUN AU format, MP2, MP3, AAC, 3GP, FPS1, ALAC, and even more formats
- Converts the above formats to DivX, AVI XviD, H.264 MP4, MOV, DV, 3GP, Sony PSP, MP2, MP3, AAC, AC3, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, VCD, CVD, SVCD, KVCD, KSVCD, DVD, KDVD and MPEG-TS with complete control over encoding options.
- Super-fast. Many conversions are faster than realtime. DIVX encoding on a G5 dual is twice as faster as realtime.
- Queue encodings in the ffmpegX Progress window.
- Includes a full-featured universal video player (mplayer) supporting VOB and text subtitles, with choice of fonts, font sizes and international text encodings including Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Greek and more.
- Supports subtitles in VobSub, SubRip, MicroDVD, SubViewer, Sami, VPlayer, RT, SSA, AQTitle, JACOsub and MPsubt formats
- Allows creation of DVD selectable subtitles
- Includes a subtitle converter with OCR from VOB image format to SRT text format.
- Includes a bitrate calculator to control best image quality and target filesize.
- Includes an automatic crop tool.
- Includes aseries of video tools like split, join, fix, mux, demux.
- Compresses a non-encrypted DVD to 4GB without reencoding it.
- Reauthors SVCD as DVD.
- Creates DVD image files from VIDEO_TS folders.
- Converts SRT subtitles to DVD Studio Pro 1.5 format.
- Creates AVI or MPG files with two audio tracks.
- Authorsas VCD or K/XVCD (.bin/.cue files for burning with Toast by dropping the .bin into VCD window).
- Authors as SVCD, CVD or K/XSVCD (two .img files to be burned in Toast under Multitrack XA window).
- Authors as DVD (/DVD/ folder for burning in Toast DVD mode, and .img file for burning in Disk Image app or Toast disk image mode).