Epson Connect Printer Setup for Mac
Follow the steps below to enable Epson Connect for your Epson printer on a Mac.
Important: Your product needs to be set up with a network connection before it can be set up with Epson Connect. If you need to set up the connection, see the Start Here sheet for your product for instructions. To see the sheet, go to the Epson support main page, select your product, Manuals and Warranty, then Start Here.
- Download and run the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility.
- Click Continue.
- Agree to the Software License Agreement by clicking Continue, and then Agree.
- Click Install, and then click Close.
- Select your product, and then click Next.
Note: If the window doesn't automatically appear, open a Finder window and select Application > Epson Software, and then double-click Epson Connect Printer Setup.
- Select Printer Registration, and then click Next.
- When you see the Register a printer to Epson Connect message, click OK.
- Scroll down, click the I accept the Terms and Conditions check box, and then click Next.
- Do one of the following:
- If you're creating a new account, fill out the Create An Epson Connect Account form, then click Finish.
- If you're registering a new product with an existing account, click I already have an account, fill out the Add a new printer form, and then click Add.
- Click Close.
- See our Activate Scan To Cloud and Remote Print instructions to activate the Scan to Cloud and Remote Print services.
Table Of Contents
Chapter 1. Dynamic versus Static IP Addresses
Printing with Mac OS X Printer Utility Dialog box Accessing the EPSON Printer Utility Using the Printer Utilities Checking the print head nozzles Cleaning the print head Aligning the print head. Accessing the EPSON Printer Utility. To access the EPSON Printer Utility, follow these steps. Double-click Macintosh HD (by default setting). Epson printer utility 4 free download - Epson LX-300 Printer Driver Disk, Epson FX-2170/LQ-2070/LQ-2170 Printer Driver, Epson LQ-300 Printer Driver Disk, and many more programs.
When you printer powers up and connects to your router, your router will assign it an IP address. This is called a dynamic IP address. This IP address is not permanent (that is “static”) and can change if you power down your router or printer(s). To prevent printing errors in TouchBistro because an IP address has changed, you should set your printer(s) to have a static IP address. That is, every time the printer is powered up, it will always have the same IP address (10.0.1.201, 10.0.1.202, etc.).
This guide will show you how to set a static IP address, set up your TM-T88VI in TouchBistro, and set the printer’s speed/print quality.
Chapter 2. Install the Epson Setup Utility on an iPad
1. On an iPad with access to the Internet, launch the App Store.
2. Tap Search and search for “epson”. Download the Epson TM Utility app. You do not need the Epson TM Print Assistant app.
Chapter 3. Connect the Printer to your Router
1. Ensure printer’s power cord is plugged into a wall socket. Also ensure your printer is powered off.
2. Make sure your printer is loaded with paper.
3. Ensure the power cable is plugged into the power port at the back of your printer.
Download; Operating system; Operating system. The 'Operating system' provides utilities to optimize your system, monitor its operation and manage your files. Free OS: Windows Vista Windows 7 Windows 8 Windows 10 Language: EN Version: 2.1. Free os download for pc. Fast, free and incredibly easy to use, the Ubuntu operating system powers millions of desktop PCs, laptops and servers around the world. August 4, 2020 Freeware. A powerful operating system designed to make your computer faster, more secure and easier to use. Download Ubuntu desktop, Ubuntu Server, Ubuntu for Raspberry Pi and IoT devices, Ubuntu Core and all the Ubuntu flavours. Ubuntu is an open-source software platform that runs everywhere from the PC to the server and the cloud. Download Zorin OS for free. Your Computer. Zorin OS is the alternative to Windows and macOS designed to make your computer faster, more powerful, secure, and privacy respecting.
4. Plug your Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on your printer.
Epson Printer Utility 4 Mac Os
5. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into an available LAN port. On a Ubiquiti router (shown in the picture), the LAN ports are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4. If you are using an Airport Extreme the LAN ports are marked with a symbol. Do not plug your printer into the blue WAN port on the Ubiquiti or the WAN port on the Airport router. These ports should be plugged into your modem.
6. Turn on your printer.
Chapter 4. Using the Epson TM Utility
1. Ensure your iPad is connected the same router your printer is connected to.
2. Locate and launch the Epson TM Utility.
3. Tap the top blue bar. It should say Printer is not selected. Tap it even if it says something else.
4. Ensure you tap the printer tab and not the QR code tab. The TM Utility app will search for your printer. It could take a few minutes.
5. If it finds multiple printers (for example you have more than 1 Epson printer plugged into your router), select it based on its MAC address on your power on test print out. See the section “Determining IP, MAC address, and Firmware” for more information how to generate this test print. Tap Epson TM Utility to return to the previous screen.
6. Double check the right printer has been selected and then tap Change Printer Settings.
7. Tap Various Settings.
8. Tap Network.
9. Tap Set.
10. Tap IP Address.
11. Tap IP Address.
12. Set to Manual.
13. Tap IP Address.
14. In the IP Address field enter your static IP. If this is the first printer you’re adding, enter 10.0.1.201. Increase the last three numbers by one if you’re repeating these steps for another printer. For example, if you add a second printer (like a kitchen printer), enter 10.0.1.202. Tap Done when you’re done.
15. Ensure the IP was set correctly and tap Back. You will be prompted if you want to make the changes. You will want to write down this IP Address for later use. Tap Yes.
16. Keep tapping the < back button on the top left until you return to the Various Settings screen. Tap Printing Control.
17. Tap Print Speed.
18. Select your desired print speed. Normally you might have it on the fastest setting (14). However, if you print a logo on your guest check, a slower speed increases the quality of the logo image printed.
19. We suggest 7 as a good compromise between speed and logo print quality. The sample image above shows you the difference between the logo image at 14 and at 7. At slower speeds the image will look slightly less blocky and finer lines/scroll work will appear more distinct. The difference may be so negligible, however, that the fastest print speed may be the best selection.
20. After selection, you’re returned to the Various Settings screen. At the bottom is a Set to printer button. Tap that to set the static IP address and the printer speed.
21. It will take a few minutes for the TM Utility app to update your printer. Do not turn anything off (the iPad, the printer, or the router).
22. Tap OK when prompted.
23. You can exit the app. Your printer’s IP address will have been changed to a static address.
Chapter 5. Setting Up Your Epson Printer in TouchBistro
After you’ve set the IP addresses, you can now configure TouchBistro to work with your printer.
1. Launch TouchBistro.
2. Login as an administrator.
3. Launch TouchBistro, select your restaurant, and login with your admin code.
4. Tap Admin Admin Settings in the top right hand corner.
5. Tap Printers & KDS.
6. Tap one of the default printers under Printers or tap Add + icon in the top right to add a new printer. In this example, we’ll add a new printer.
7. Tap Add Printer.
8. Wait a few moments for your printer (or printers) to appear in the New Printer screen. You should see the static IP address you set in the steps above. If you don’t see the static IP address you set, redo the steps above. Tap your printer in the Available Printers list.
9. After selecting your printer, tap Next.
10. Tap Printer Name.
11. Either type a name for your new printer in the Name field, or make a selection from the list, for example Receipt.
12. Tap Print Test Page.
Epson Printer Utility 4 Mac High Sierra
13. Tap Save.
Chapter 6. Determining IP, MAC address, and Firmware
1. Hold down the printer’s feed button and then power it on. Keep the feed button depressed until it starts to print. Release the feed button.
2. The first print out has the printer’s current IP address, MAC address, and firmware type.
Epson Printer Diagnostic Utility
3. Press the paper Feed button. The character test print out is not used.
Epson Printer Drivers Mac Downloads
4. If the firmware type is anything other than ESC/POS, you have a printer with a proprietary firmware that is incompatible with TouchBistro. Contact [email protected] for instructions on how to reset the firmware.
Note: if you’ve not set a static IP the IP Address field will be blank.
Epson Printer Utility 4 Mac Os X
If you have not set a static IP address, shortly after power up, your printer will print the currently assigned IP Address.
Chapter 7. Troubleshooting
Epson Printer Utility 4 For Mac
When a printer isn’t responding, see Printer Status Messages to find out why your printer isn’t functioning properly.
How to Factory Reset a Epson TM-T88VI Thermal Printer
Updating Your Epson Printer’s Firmware