ExtremeTerrain is proud to offer FREE SHIPPING on any order over $75!
- Torque Specs For Bolts
- Jeep Cj7 Flywheel Torque Specs
- Stainless Torque Specs
- 3.7 Jeep Head Torque Specs
- Torque Specs Bmw
Free Shipping Offers are for Standard Ground Delivery Service and are only valid for shipping addresses within the 48 contiguous United States. Truck freight and oversize charges still apply unless otherwise noted, and can only be shipped to the lower 48 States. Rough Country items are not included in Free Shipping offers. Tires and Wheel and Tire Kits do not qualify for free shipping.
We've compiled a list of important torque specs from Jeep's service manuals, so the next time you're wrenching on your rig you'll have all the number you'll need. Battery - Charging System (1997 - 2006) Component Torque; Generator Upper Mounting Bolt 2.5/4.0L Engine: 55 N-m (41 ft. Jeep 4x4 Parts & Accessories. Low prices, expert advice and free shipping on orders over $70. Shop online or give us a call at (866) 601-5340. Suspension - Recovery - Lighting - Armor - Wheels. The horse power and torque specifications of the last version of the 304 narrowly beat the 258 use at this time. The 258 used between '80 and '81 was putting out 110 HP @ 3500 and 195 ft/lbs @ 2000. The 304 used from '80-'81 in CJs, J-series pickups, and Wagoneers suffers in performance.
Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii will require an additional charge.
Certain vendors have shipping restrictions that require us to collect a handling fee for the part. You'll see it on the item page as a Vendor Handling fee, and it will show up in the cart below the item(s) you're ordering.
For full shipping details please view our Shipping PolicyWe don't know what grade these bolts actually are (or the cast iron housing), but are almost certainly stronger than grade 2. From the modern specs, they should be torqued much higher that the stated 38-42.
Torque Specs For Bolts
I used 75, simply because I only had the '65 manual when I rebuilt the axles. Nothing broke.
2) This spec is taken from the later manual, by which time the original style, cast pot-metal & cork, steering knuckle seal had been superceded by the modern rubber ring + stamped steel retainer.
This is TOO MUCH torque for the original style seals. The cast pot metal begins to distort @ 9-10 ft-lbs.
3) This spec is not found in Willys manuals. It was found on the G503 web site for MB/GPW.
4) Another anomalous spec.
The later manuals ('53 & '65) say to use this spec for rubber-bushed spring pivots. For bronze bushed pivots, the say to 'tighten the retaining nut, after which back it off 2 cotter pin slots', then 'be sure the nut is drawn up tight, however, it must be sufficiently loose to allow the spring to pivot freely'.
Jeep Cj7 Flywheel Torque Specs
Yet this spec is also found in the '45 manual, long before rubber bushings were used, w/no mention of 'backing off 2 cotter pin slots'.
To download vlc player for mac. VLC.app dmg package; Other Systems; Version 220.127.116.11. macOS. 48 MB. Devices and Mac OS X version. VLC media player requires Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later. It runs on any 64bit Intel-based Mac. Previous devices are supported by older releases. Note that the first generation of Intel-based Macs equipped with Core Solo or Core Duo.
Stainless Torque Specs
5) These specs were found online at Automotive Torque Specifications, an independent site whose author has gone to great lengths to compile torque specs. The source of these additional specs is not given, so I cannot vouch for their accuracy, but they seem reasonable.
I've only included those specs which were not found in a Willys manual, or which differed significantly from Willys specs. In most cases, the posted specs corresponded to Willys specs, but in some cases they differ significantly.
3.7 Jeep Head Torque Specs
Compare them and make your own decision as to which to use.
Torque Specs Bmw
6) The 20-30 lb. spec from the '65 manual is found only in the torque table at the end of the book. The 38-42 spec from earlier manuals is within the assembly description itself. These are 3/8'-24 studs & nuts. Depending on steel grade, either may be correct.