I have looked for a while now. I have found a download page here:
Jun 02, 2020. Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch 2020 is a macOS laptop with a 13.30-inch display that has a resolution of 1600x2560 pixels. It is powered by a Core. MacBook Pro — our most powerful notebooks featuring fast processors, incredible graphics, Touch Bar, and a spectacular Retina display. Global Nav Open Menu Global Nav Close Menu; Apple; Shopping Bag +. Search Support.
The latest date on anything I can find here is from 2015.
Another page directs me to use the boot camp assistant, but it requires that I have a thumb drive (ready to be reformatted), and I must reboot into MacOS I'm not going to do that. In anticipation to some responses, we can argue about it if you want but it'll be a waste of energy.
Many other situations would involve going to a web page and downloading an installer so I'm asking here for what I'm missing.
Thank you for responses that stick to the point and answer the question.
I felt like showing a bit more of the process:
1) 'install Windows on a Mac with Boot Camp Assistant' https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468
Ok this looks useful but the process is written for a fresh format and install of Windows.
Here's a link for:
2) 'If the Boot Camp Installer Doesn't Open..' https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208495
Ok that's cool now I know I'm looking for some 'Boot Camp Installer' that needs to run on my Windows side
3) But of course there's no link to a 'Boot Camp Installer' I needed to use the Assistant from the MacOS side and the thumb drive.
4) Wait wait, here's a section called 'If you can't download or save the Windows support software:'
Oh, but this section just troubleshoots problems you have with formatting your USB drive and with USB drive recommendations.
I don't know why it's like this. Any other system would just have an installer and even an update agent for download. Is apple protecting IP and software licenses. Possible. Are they keeping users from downloading the wrong versions of stuff? Possible but there are other ways to do that.
They made a choice to handhold users through disk formatting instead of just having a download.
Apple Macbook Pro Latest Version
MacBook Pro 13', macOS 10.14
How to get updates for macOS Mojave or later
If you've upgraded to macOS Mojave or later, follow these steps to keep it up to date:
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu , then click Software Update to check for updates.
- If any updates are available, click the Update Now button to install them. Or click ”More info” to see details about each update and select specific updates to install.
- When Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, the installed version of macOS and all of its apps are also up to date. That includes Safari, iTunes, Books, Messages, Mail, Calendar, Photos, and FaceTime.
To find updates for iMovie, Garageband, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and other apps that were downloaded separately from the App Store, open the App Store on your Mac, then click the Updates tab.
To automatically install macOS updates in the future, including apps that were downloaded separately from the App Store, select ”Automatically keep my Mac up to date.” Your Mac will notify you when updates require it to restart, so you can always choose to install those later.
After downloading this and clicking to mount the package, Etcher can either be run in-place or dragged into your Applications folder.By default, recent versions of macOS block the running of applications from unidentified developers. Check you’ve chosen the correct device and click Erase. Install and run EtcherTo write the ISO file to the USB stick, we’re going to use a free and open source application called. Set the format to MS-DOS (FAT) and the scheme to GUID Partition Map. Select the USB stick device (you may need to enable the option ViewShow All Devices) and select Erase from the tool bar (or right-click menu). How to make bootable usb for mac.
How to get updates for earlier macOS versions
Latest Apple Macbook Pro
If you're using an earlier macOS, such as macOS High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, or earlier,* follow these steps to keep it up to date:
Latest Apple Macbook Pro Laptop
- Open the App Store app on your Mac.
- Click Updates in the App Store toolbar.
- Use the Update buttons to download and install any updates listed.
- When the App Store shows no more updates, the installed version of macOS and all of its apps are up to date. That includes Safari, iTunes, iBooks, Messages, Mail, Calendar, Photos, and FaceTime. Later versions may be available by upgrading your macOS.
To automatically download updates in the future, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click App Store, then select ”Download newly available updates in the background.” Your Mac will notify you when updates are ready to install.
* If you're using OS X Lion or Snow Leopard, get OS X updates by choosing Apple menu > Software Update.
How to get updates for iOS
Learn how to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS.
- Learn how to upgrade to the latest version of macOS.
- Find out which macOS your Mac is using.
- You can redownload apps that you previously downloaded from the App Store.
- Your Mac doesn't automatically download large updates when it's using a Personal Hotspot.