For most home and office set-ups, gone are the days of computer desks being populated with heavyweight and bulky gadgets. Computer units have become sleeker and more compact by the hour. Not only that, people seek to do away with the wires as well.
This is an era of wireless connectivity. People have switched to WiFi internet and Bluetooth sharing.
Runners now listen to their favorite music or podcasts through Bluetooth headsets, binge-watchers cast their favorite shows to their flat-screen televisions through smart wireless technology and well, even avid typists now utilize cordless keyboards.
Download free game apps for mac. Explore the best Games software for Mac. Browse our catalog of over 50 000 mac apps. MacUpdate is serving app downloads since 1997.
Logitech K750 Wireless Solar Keyboard for Mac — Solar Recharging, Mac-Friendly Keyboard, 2.4GHz Wireless - Silver Visit the Logitech Store. 4.1 out of 5 stars 4,227 ratings 445 answered questions Amazon's Choice recommends highly rated and well-priced products. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 for Mac - Silver at Amazon.com. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. The Logitech® K750 wireless solar keyboard in silver, is powered by any light such as low light and lamp light in indoors as well as outdoors and hence no battery is required. Once the keyboard is fully charged, you can work through it for atleast 3months even in total darkness. Logitech K750 Keyboard for Windows (Black) – Wireless & Solar Recharging and Logitech K750.
And while wireless options for keyboards abound, most of them do not help in energy conservation. With below list of keyboards, you can type away with only the power of the light of day!
1. Logitech K750 Keyboard for Windows (Black) – Wireless & Solar Recharging and Logitech K750 Keyboard for Mac (Silver) – Wireless & Solar Recharging
If you’re a monogamous laptop user (meaning you use and focus on a single computer per occasion – single mouse, single screen, single keyboard), you might ask: why would anyone ever need two keyboards at a single time?
Apparently, gamers need it, especially when playing a multi-player game. Say you’re one of those gamers. Night has fallen outside and this game you’re playing is a campaign you can’t just leave yet.
The electric meter has been ticking nonstop and if only you can cut down the usage of electricity… Logitech comes in and declares, if you’ve got light, you’ve got power. (Now, you hope that light power extends to the skills of your game character).
Pros & Benefits:
- As it’s a solar-powered keyboard, there are no battery hassles. It can keep functioning for at least three months in total darkness once fully charged. And it’s not just rechargeable by sunlight alone, but by any light source (indoor lighting).
- The power level is easily monitored through a downloadable Logitech solar app.
- Ultra-thin and lightweight! It’s only one-third of an inch thick. And it’s designed with the rounded edges. Talk about sleek.
- Concave key cap design inspires comfy, feel-good, faster and quieter typing Logitech keyboard products are famous for. And it comes with a full number pad! (Note: MAC-compatible unit features the familiar MAC keyboard layout which makes a seamless transition from your usual MAC computer keyboard to this one).
- It provides a long-range, wireless connection. A tiny unifying receiver plugged to your computer is equipped to produce 2.4 GHz cordless connection. You can be playing on the couch and still be connected to your gaming screen.
- Black unit compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Silver unit compatible with MAC OS X 10.5
- All units come with a 3-year limited hardware warranty.
2. Macally Wireless Solar Keyboard Rechargeable via Light (Black)
A good number of the current workforce has migrated to the digital space. Job descriptions now read “digital nomad.” Some of these nomads literally travel on a regular basis and make the location of the day (wherever that may be) as their office.
Now, fancy yourself as a digital nomad. Hardware needs are an investment you shouldn’t and won’t be taking lightly. And with your occupation resting on your gadgets, it makes sense to be ready with a back-up.
So, you’ve got a desktop, a laptop, and a tablet. Well, Macally has solar rechargeable keyboard versions compatible with each of your computer unit.
Logitech K750 Solar Keyboard Issues
Pros & Benefits:
- Cordless and solar powered! You don’t have to worry about changing batteries ever again. It’s chargeable via any light source and once fully charged, the built-in Lithium ion battery (600 Mah) lasts up to 150 hours in total darkness. This can lessen your traveling weight.
- No more cable clutter with its set-up 2.4 GHz wireless receiver connection. The nano USB receiver is quickly and easily paired with your laptop.
- Thin, island-like keycaps for comfortable typing may you have small or large hands. This keyboard also features a numeric keypad for data entry and a subtle 10-degree tilt and anti-slide grips. And has 17 Windows shortcuts for added efficiency (open emails, control panel, file explorer, calculator among others).
- It has a Caps Lock and Battery LED indicator not usually available for other keyboard units of the same nature. Fewer chances of getting locked out of accounts with case-sensitive passwords.
- Slim design! With only 0.75 inches thick, it can be an elegant match for your desktop, laptop, netbook, or tablet.
- Available in MAC, Windows OS, iOS and Android compatible versions.
- It comes with a one-year warranty.
3. Jelly Comb Ultra Slim Solar Rechargeable Keyboard 2.4Ghz (Dark Gray)
There existed a time long, long ago wherein loud, bulky typewriters were in fashion. Each clunk, clunk, clunk of a key was a signal of a mind actively churning ideas vital for the industrial revolution or maybe, it’s helping birth the dawn of the beat generation’s post-modern poetry.
But such typewriters were a thing of the past. We now live in an age of hipster co-working spaces and every single person comes in with a laptop to pay for fast wifi in that shared office. And what do these people love most of all (aside from coffee)?
A quiet keyboard set. Just like the kind Jelly Comb provides.
Pros & Benefits:
- Quick set-up with nano USB receiver. You just need to plug to your computer and enjoy4GHz wireless connection for up to a ten-meter distance.
- Solar charging technology with built-in solar panel eliminates the need for batteries. Also, chargeable using sunlight and any type of indoor lights.
- It comes with ergonomic keycaps that produce low noise when typing.
- Slim, lightweight design at a thickness of only 0.2 inches and a weight of 1.62 pounds. Plus it comes with rubber pads at the back to help secure the keyboard in place and a silicone skin for the front to protect it from dirt and other external debris.
- It’s compatible with Windows OS.
- It has a 30-day money back guarantee and a 12-month warranty.
4. Xcellon Wireless Solar Rechargeable Keyboard (Black)
There are projects that can take days. Maybe it’s a start-up that requires a programmer to crunch up codes all throughout the night because the application has to be launched next week already! But there are still a few more bugs to be fixed.
Icon Maker by Lohengrin Software was developed to allow users to create and edit icons, cursors and animated cursors. Although there is no version of Icon Maker for Mac available on the developer's website, there are other tools you can use as an alternative. Here is a list with similar applications to Icon Maker for Mac. Easy Icon Creation. Tired of your standard mac icons? Do you want to personalize your files or folders? Image2icon provides the fastest way to customize your icons, easily and free. It’s easy as pie: drop an image to Image2icon, then drag your file or folder and drop it again to apply it. It's been years and things are changing, let me answer my own question, What is the best icon creator for Mac? I think the answer is iconutil for me. You can get more info by running man iconutil in Terminal. I also create an Automator workflow. On your Mac, copy the picture you want to use to the Clipboard. One way to do this is to open the picture in the Preview app, choose Edit Select All, then choose Edit Copy. Select the file or folder whose icon you want to replace, then choose File Get Info. At the top of the Info window, click the picture of the icon, then choose Edit Paste. Folder Icon Creator is an app to customize the icons on your Mac. The program comes pre-bundled with hundreds of icons that you can use to create custom folder icons and custom file icons on your Mac. Free mac icons for computer.
Who would like to go through the hassle of changing batteries or who would want the sight of tangled wires at this point in the project? The convenience of not having to deal with those can add up the hours one can spend on working instead.
Solar rechargeable keyboards – like Xcellon Wireless – eliminate the burden of worrying about low batteries and tripping on wires.
Pros & Benefits:
- It comes with integrated solar panels that charge from any bright light source – sunlight or indoor light alike.
- Easy to install with its Plug-and-Play functionality using the discreet USB nano receiver.
- It’s equipped with a 2.4 GHz frequency which allows you a maximum range of 33 feet of wireless connectivity.
- Ultra-Thin Design
- The unit is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
- It includes a limited one-year warranty.
5. DADUIZHANG Ultra Slim Solar Rechargeable Keyboard (Silver)
There was a thought of keyboards going obsolete with the arrival of touch-screen gadgets. But that’s all that was – a thought (only). For however old the activity of typing may seem, it doesn’t go out of style.
Worlds are made with the characters drawn out from each letter, number or symbol pressed. A novel is written. A business model is fleshed out to be ready for pitching. A program is made.
And with all the possibilities tingling by humanity’s fingertips, it’s only right to carefully look into the options when choosing the gadget that can aid them in becoming reality. Daduizhang solar rechargeable keyboard is just one of the many options.
Pros & Benefits:
- Solar-powered with in-built solar panel and rechargeable batteries. It can be charged through sunlight or any indoor light.
- A full-size keyboard that contains 110 keys to cater to your word and numerical needs plus programmable function keys.
- It’s compatible with the following your desktop, laptop, and notebook.
- Slim and lightweight design. The whole item weighs 4.41 pounds only.
6. GCell Solar Keyboard Folio for iPad Air 1&2
Today’s generation does not limit their work lives in offices. You can be flying to Beijing binging a tv series you heard was very good, a friend told you. It’s a long flight to a sales pitch of what could the negotiation of your life. Then midway through the series, a thought came over you.
That thought will definitely elevate your already brilliant idea. But your laptop is stored on the overhead cabin. Not to let a good idea pass by you, you’ve actually anticipated something like this to happen. On your little carry-on bag stowed below your seat, you pull out a keyboard folio.
Bluetooth-friendly, keyboards like GCell Solar is an awesome match for iPad Air.
Pros & Benefits:
- Solar powered. Charge anywhere as long as there’s light, sun or otherwise.
- Compact and lightweight, weighing only 1.08pounds.
- Comfortable typing – the keys are placed at least 2mm from each other.
- It’s Bluetooth ready, which makes it compatible with both iPad and Android tablets.
- It fashionably comes with a sleek black leather folio for that executive look with an efficient use.
- Amazon users testified:
7. Logitech MK750 Wireless Solar Keyboard and Wireless Marathon Mouse Combo for PC
There are several instances where cords are necessary – music (guitar chords) and pregnancy (umbilical cords) to name the top two.
There are instances as well that cords have been phased out. For example, landline phone with that phone cords, cable tv cords (but there are streaming sites now), among others. If it’s something one can skip, then yes, rather than trip on that, right?
Logitech K750 Solar Keyboard Instructions
So we’ve seen different cordless keyboards. Now, some of them even come with a mouse partner like this Logitech MK750 Combo.
Pros & Benefits:
Logitech Solar Keyboard K750 App
- Refer to number #1’s list of pros & benefits plus:
- Laser mouse doesn’t disappoint with its performance.
- Excellent cursor control
- Extremely fast scrolling
- At max a battery life of 3 years
- It utilizes the same unifying wireless receiver as the solar keyboard. Less clutter, more USB slots available.
- It’s compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP
- Amazon users of this combo said:
Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 For Mac - Silver
Solar-powered and wireless are two characteristics of a keyboard which might seem dismissible (especially that the world has lasted a great deal of time with regular electricity/batteries and cord-connectivity). Thankfully, the best of us develop ways to make life better for the rest of us.
The invention of those two characteristics and the innovation in combining those two for something that is used on the daily is a big deal and it matters. It is a movement towards a more sustainable lifestyle, one key pressed at a time.