Matrixgl is a free, open source 3D screensaver based on The Matrix Reloaded. It supports widescreen setups, and can be run on Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, BSD, and many other Unix based operating systems.
- Matrixks Screensaver: Download latest Version (3.6): Matrixks.exe (1.6 meg - includes install/uninstall). If you can't get the install to work, you can download the files in a zipped file and install manually. Download older Version 3.4: Matrixks304.exe (1.6 meg - includes install/uninstall) Download really old Version 2.3: Matrixksv23.exe (1.5 meg).
- Download the latest version of matrixgl for Mac - Matrix screensaver. Read 53 user reviews of matrixgl on MacUpdate.
The matrixgl 2.x series is based on the original version 1.0 screensaver from Knoppix.ru. It was written by brothers Alexander and Eugene Zolotov back in 2003. Vincent Launchbury is now maintaining the project, with the goals of:
Oct 03, 2020 The Matrix. A small and fast Windows screensaver featuring the green 'Matrix' cipher-code seen in the popular films by the same name, directed by Andy and Lana Wachowski and starring Keanu Reeves, among others. Optionally, you can add messages to be decoded and displayed in real-time.
- Fixing bugs, and making it run more smoothly.
- Improving portability, so that it can run on more operating systems.
- Adding new features and a larger variety of images.
The latest stable version is Matrixgl 2.3.2
The Matrix Screensaver For Mac
Download the Windows Installer, run it, and follow the on screen instructions to install. Then, right click on the Desktop, select properties, and select Matrixgl under the screensavers tab.
Download Stephane Sudre's Mac port, and follow the instructions in the provided readme.
Matrix Screensaver For Mac Os X
If you get the source package, open a terminal in your download directory and type the following:
Welcome to homepage of The Matrix Trilogy Screensaver.
This is probably the best simulation of the falling matrix code digital rain effect freely available.
Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix Trilogy Screensaver is capable of. You have to see it for yourself.
version: 0.62, size: 2.2 MB
or as ZIP file here: 32-bit or 64-bit
More download options…
coder and developer
- MicrosoftÂ® WindowsÂ® 2000 or compatible
Runs on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1 and 10.
Version 0.54 runs on Wine and ReactOS.
- GPU: OpenGL 1.5 support
That is nVidia GeForce2, ATI Radeon 7200 or newer. Drivers must be installed.
- CPU: Pentium 3 or Athlon XP or later
Anything bought in last 10 years will do.
The screensaver is provided as FREEWARE,
but any small donation to support further development will be greatly appreciated.
We are running thanks to donations since 2012.
- Facebook feed - for latest information.
- Contact form - for bug reports, opinions, feature requests, etc.
- Unsubscribe - to remove your e-mail from our mailing list