- Office For Mac Search Not Working
- Volume On Mac Not Working
- Command R Not Working Mac
- Office For Mac Not Working With Mojave
- Sign In To Activate Office For Mac Not Working
Get all best apps via Setapp
Office For Mac Search Not Working
If you have Office 2011 for Mac or before, do NOT update to Catalina because Office will stop working. There’s no workaround for this. Office 2016 for Mac needs to be v15.35 or later, which it probably is, if you’ve updated anytime in the last few months. Check the version in one of the Office apps or go to Help Check for updates. Start quickly with the most recent versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and OneDrive —combining the familiarity of Office and the unique Mac features you love. Work online or offline, on your own or with others in real time—whatever works for what you’re doing.
With its enhancements and limitations, the new macOS 10.15 is inescapable. The official release is planned for September 2019, but Apple savvy users have tested Catalina long before — with the macOS 10.15 beta. If you’re not one of them, you might want to check the best assets of the new macOS here.
Catalina comes with extended workspace, no iTunes, and 64-bit app architecture. According to early user reports, the beta feels faster and more stable than the previous ones.
It’s not all rosy, though. By switching to 64-bit apps, macOS Catalina stops supporting the apps with 32-bit architecture. For you, this means no access to over 200 popular applications.
The bundle of incompatible apps have been discovered by iOS developer, Steve Moser, when he was testing the developer beta of Catalina. Once you upgrade, you can find the full list in Library/Apple/Library/Bundles.
Volume On Mac Not Working
We’ve collected the major Adobe, Apple, and Microsoft programs you’ll have issues with in macOS Catalina. No need to panic just yet — there are ways to fix this.
Replace 32-bit apps with Setapp alternatives
Stop worrying about your favorite apps not working on macOS Catalina. Download Setapp and you’ll have them replaced with the better ones.
Which Mac apps will stop working
The problem of Catalina incompatibility is not only about third-party apps. Apple is not 100% prepared too. For people working with multimedia projects, it’s important to know which Adobe software won’t be working after the update. So take a deep breath, and see what’s going away.
Apple apps not working in Catalina
- iWork’09, an old version of Apple’s office suite that includes Pages, Keynote, and Numbers. Apple released the newer bundle with 64-bit apps in 2013 — so an update will fix the problem here. Alternatively, you can get more advanced substitutes like Ulysses for writing and markdown.
- Final Cut Studio and Logic Studio. You can upgrade to Final Cut Pro X and Logic Pro X instead.
- Apple’s DVD Player (older versions released before macOS Mojave).
- Aperture. The app won’t work in Catalina, even though it’s 64-bit. Apple recommends to switch to Photos or Adobe Lightroom. If you need a pro-level editor for a moderate price, you might want to try CameraBag Pro.
Microsoft apps not working in Catalina
The 2011 version of Microsoft Office (Word 2011, Excel 2011, PowerPoint 2011, Outlook 2011). To continue using the apps, get the 2016 version of Microsoft Office. Or, you can switch to Apple’s iWork, Ulysses, or other Mac alternatives.
Adobe apps not working in Catalina
Since Adobe moved to a subscription model called Creative Cloud, there has been lots of shared components introduced across Adobe products. For instance, if you buy a subscription, you may get a 64-bit application with a 32-bit installer. This won’t work in Catalina. Adobe says they are working on updating shared components for macOS 10.15. In the meantime, be aware of the incompatible apps:
- Photoshop. There have been issues with the 2018 version of Photoshop in macOS Mojave, so you may expect the trouble in Catalina as well. If you want to use the app, Adobe recommends to get Photoshop CC 2019.
- Premiere Pro. The app is 64-bit, but there have been reported issues related to camera and microphone access in macOS 10.15.
- Illustrator. The CS5 version won’t be supported in Catalina, but you may switch to CS6.
- InDesign. To this one, you have to say goodbye. At least, for now. The latest CS6 version hasn’t been updated to 64-bit architecture yet.
- Acrobat Pro. The recent version of the app, as well as Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC, have 32-bit components. So it’s a no, for now.
Most Adobe apps — even those with 64-bit architecture — are known for Dark Mode issues. So if you continue using the apps in Catalina, be careful with the darkness.
As a safe alternative, get CameraBag Pro or Capto. They work equally well for professional designers and amateurs. Both are available on Setapp, a subscription package that, by the way, offers many more photo editing tools — just ask for it.
How to check if an app is compatible with Catalina
We’ve talked a lot about outdated app architecture, so the first thing you’ll want to check when upgrading is whether your app is 32-bit. Here’s an easy way to do it on Mac:
- Click on the Apple logo in the upper left corner.
- Select About This Mac > System Report.
- Navigate to Applications under the Software tab.
- Find your app on the list and check whether it says “Yes” in the 64-bit column. In macOS Catalina, there will be no such column. So, you’ll have to click on the app and see a short description that says “Kind: 64-bit.”
We also recommend to pay attention to the “Obtained from” field. Ideally, it should say Apple, Mac App Store, or Identified Developer. Avoid using apps that are specified as “Obtained from Unknown,” while these are most likely to misbehave.
If you want to uninstall 32-bit applications before upgrading, CleanMyMac X will swipe everything away for you. Open the app and go to Uninstaller. Filter your apps by 32-bit and click Uninstall. Instead of checking System Report every time, you can find and remove every outdated application in a few seconds.
If your app doesn’t work in macOS 10.15
The problem with 64-bit architecture is that many developers choose not to optimize their 32-bit applications for Mac with the release of Catalina. If that’s the case and you can’t find an alternative for the missing app, you might need to downgrade back to Mojave. Luckily, there’s a way to fix most problems with apps not working in Catalina:
- Check whether a developer has a 64-bit update for your app.
- Look for an alternative app compatible with macOS 10.15. For instance, most of the Adobe apps for photo and video editing can be replaced with Capto or CameraBag Pro.
- Roll back to Mojave and continue using 32-bit apps. You should note, though, that Apple may stop the support for Mojave by 2020, which means it will stop supporting 32-bit architecture sooner or later.
While many developers continue working on Catalina compatibility, there will be further changes to the list. For questions and quick insights, follow the MacRumors discussion on Catalina apps.
Meantime, prepare for all the awesome things you can do with Setapp.Read on
To run Mac OS X you need a host onwhich VMware Workstation supports Intel VT-x or AMD-V.”(I checked myCPU, it says Intel Virtualization Technology is supported)And when I try to run the bypasser, it always says that, “0 out of 11 patterns replaced atleast once. Please tell me how do I fix the error: “Mac OS X is notsupported with binary translation. Download vmware workstation for mac os x 10.13. This patch may not work”Also I tried the Processor Check for 64-Bit Compatibility and it says my PC is compatible.Please help me with this issue. I have been trying to get the custom VGA VMware Workstation driver that enables graphic acceleration to install but it will not apply itself.
Command R Not Working Mac
When you try to open a Word document on Mac document, Word stops opening. If you are faced with this issue and are willing to solve it, then follow the 3 solutions. If you have data loss problem after fixing the Word not opening issue, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac can do you a favor.
On this page, we have collected three practical solutions that can help fix the 'Word Not Opening' error on Mac. And if you mistakenly removed a Word file on Mac, let reliable Mac file recovery software as recommended here for help. Check out how to fix the not opening Word file to accessible again:
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. Repair Disk||Open Disk Utility > Select the primary hard disk on Mac and select 'First Aid' > Click 'Run'..Full steps|
|Fix 2. Remove Word Preference||Open 'Library' > Open 'Preferences' > Copy com.microsoft.Word.plist file to desktop..Full steps|
|Fix 3. Open and Repair Word||Start Word > Click 'Open' on the File menu > Click 'Repair' on the Open button..Full steps|
|Fix 4. Recover Lost Word||Run EaseUS Mac file recovery software > Scan mac drive > Restore lost Mac word file..Full steps|
'Word 2016 on my Mac won't open. It flashes immediately by double-clicking and then closes unexpectedly. I didn't do anything or any change. How to fix it if Microsoft Word won't open at all?'
In addition to this situation, most users are also faced with these errors:
- The application Microsoft Word quit unexpectedly
- Microsoft Word cannot be opened because of a problem. Check with the developer to make sure Microsoft Word works with this version of Mac OS X
As Microsoft Word is widely used among people, owning some basic Word troubleshooting is recognized as an essential skill. Today you're going to learn three tricks in solving Word not opening on Mac. The given workarounds are applicable to all Word editions such as 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 2016.
1. Run Repair Disk Permissions
Step 1: On the 'Go' menu, click 'Utilities'. Start the Disk Utility program.
Step 2: Choose the primary hard disk drive for your computer. Then, click the 'First Aid' tab.
Step 3: Click 'Run' to repair the disk volume errors and permissions. When it finishes, click 'Done'.
2. Remove Word Preferences
Step 1: Open 'Library'. Usually, click 'GO' > 'Go to the folder', then type ~/Library
Step 2: Locate a file named as 'Preferences'.
Step 3: Find a file named com.microsoft.Word.plist. Move the file to the desktop.
Start Word, and check whether the problem still occurs.
If the problem still occurs, exit Microsoft Word, and then restore the 'com.microsoft.word.prefs.plist' file to its original location. Then, go to Step 4.
If the problem seems to be resolved, you can move the file to the trash.
Note: If you do not locate the file, the program is using the default preferences.
Step 4: Exit all Microsoft Office for Mac programs. Then, Click the Word icon. On the left, click 'Preferences'.
Office For Mac Not Working With Mojave
Step 5: Click 'File Locations'.
Step 6: Select 'User templates'.
Step 7: Locate the file that is named Normal, and move the file to the desktop.
You can also find the file named as Normal through this way: 'Library' > 'Application Support' > 'Microsoft' > 'Office' > 'User Templates' > 'Normal'
Start Word, and check whether the problem still occurs. If the problem seems to be resolved, you can move the 'Normal' file to the trash.
3. Try to Open and Repair Word
Step 1: Start Word. On the File menu, click 'Open'.
Step 2: In the Open dialog box, select the file that you want to open. Click the down arrow on the Open button, click 'Open' > 'Repair'.
Recover Deleted and Missing Word on Mac
Do not worry if the 'Word not opening' issue causes data loss disaster, you can recover unsaved Word document on Mac from its Temporary folder and AutoRecovery save. While for a deleted Word document on Mac, the easiest way of recovery is using a third-party Mac data recovery software.
Sign In To Activate Office For Mac Not Working
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac also recovers Word document that is missing, deleted or lost due to formatting, virus infection and other misoperation, and the best part of using the software to recover Word is being able to preview the file entirety.
Step 1. Select the location where your important Word documents were lost and click Scan button.
Step 2. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac will start immediately a quick scan as well as a deep scan on your selected disk volume. Meanwhile, the scanning results will be presented in the left pane.
Step 3. By Path and Type, you can quickly filter the Word files you've lost earlier. Select the target files and click Recover Now button to get them back at once.