In most of the cases, you have it already installed on your System as several Operating systems have it pre-installed. To check whether you have it on. Perl on Mac OSX. OSX comes with Perl pre-installed. In order to build and install your own modules you will need to install the 'Command Line Tools for XCode' or 'XCode' package - details on our ports page. Once you have done this you can use all of the tools mentioned above. Perl on other Unix like OSs.
ActivePerl: Support your mission-critical applications with commercial-grade Perl from ActiveState – The world’s most trusted Perl distribution.
Start developing with Perl for free on Windows, Mac and Linux
The #1 Perl solution used by enterprises
Save time and stop worrying about support, security and license compliance. With the top Perl packages precompiled, and a range of commercial support options, ActivePerl lets your team focus on productivity with Perl that “just works”.
HUNDREDS OF INCLUDED PERL MODULES
- Essential tools for Perl development including CGI scripting, debugging, testing and other utilities
- Major ActivePerl components such as OLE Browser, PerlScript, Perl for ISAPI, PerlEx and Perlez
- Windows scripting with specific documentation for ActivePerl on Windows
GET YOUR APPS TO MARKET FASTER
ActivePerl includes the top Perl packages, pre-verified to ensure against outdated or vulnerable versions, incompatibility and improper licensing, so you can:
- Increase developer productivity
- Enable and secure mission-critical applications
- Satisfy corporate requirements for support, security and open source license compliance
INTEGRATED WITH THE ACTIVESTATE PLATFORM
ActivePerl, featuring hundreds of popular packages, is available free for download from the ActiveState Platform. But you can also use the Platform to automatically build your own version of Perl from source, that can include:
- Any supported version of Perl
- Thousands of packages not featured in our ActivePerl distribution
- Just the packages your project requires, such as those we’ve prebuilt for WebDev projects
Reduce Security Risks
Ensure security with the latest secure versions of Perl packages (i.e. the latest OpenSSL patch) and timely updates for critical issues.
Indemnification and License Compliance
Comply with your organization’s open source policies against GPL and GNU licensing, and reduce risk with legal indemnification.
Commercial Support & Maintenance
Keep your IP out of public forums and get faster, more reliable help with guaranteed response times and Service-Level Agreements
Enforce Code Consistency
Maintain consistency from desktop to production – Windows, macOS, Linux and big iron (AIX, Solaris).
Avoid Lock-In with Open Source
100% compatible with open source Perl so you can recruit skilled staff, ramp up faster and avoid vendor lock-in.
Accelerate Time to Market
Spend less time setting things up and more time getting things done, with the top Perl packages precompiled and ready to go.
Lack of support for open source software can create business risks. ActiveState’s language distributions offer guaranteed support SLAs and regular maintenance updates.
As much as 95% of code bases incorporate undisclosed open source code. Protect your IP with legal indemnification.
I know FLAC is lossless and I want to keep the original audio effect. Is there any app to do this?Maybe you want to convert FLAC to WAV on Mac, either for burning CDs or importing to iTunes. Wav to flac for mac. How can I convert it into a lossless format that iTunes supports (WAV)? What programs can help?I have a file in FLAC that I'd like to import into iTunes.
As much as 95% of IT organizations leverage open source software (OSS). However, incorporating OSS into your project often comes with licensing terms on how you can distribute your product.
Perl Regex For Mac Address
The Future of Perl at ActiveState (Part 2 of 2)
Active Perl For Mac
Advanced Package Management for Perl Projects
Modernizing ActivePerl for Perl Power Users
A good setup for Perl on macOS:
- Install 'Command Line Tools for Xcode', either directly or through Xcode, both available from Apple Developer downloads (free registration required). Xcode can also be installed through the App Store application.
- Open the Terminal.app (found in Applications -> Utilities) and copy & paste the command below into it (then press the 'return' key):
- Once this is finished (it takes several minutes), quit the Terminal app.
Mac Perl Install
If you are interested in the details of the setup above..
Mac Perl Update
- To build and install Perl and many of the thousands of useful Perl modules you need to have a compiler. For macOS the easiest way to get a compiler is to install 'Command Line Tools for Xcode' (about 100 Megs), either directly or through Xcode (several Gigs), both available from Apple Developer downloads. Xcode is also available through the App Store application. Some versions of the macOS install DVD or SSD come with the 'developer tools', which contains Xcode. Only the 'unix tools' section of Xcode is actually required, no specific version of Xcode is needed, the latest is available directly through the App Store.
- To interact with the command line and run Perl commands, a terminal application is needed. macOS comes with Terminal.app by default, there are alternatives available as well.
- macOS uses .bash_profile, but most other systems (and instructions) look for .bashrc, this code sets up .bash_profile to also run anything in .bashrc. There are other differences but these are not important to us.
- The Perlbrew website lists many of it's advantages. We recommend it here because it separates your installation from the system Perl, this makes upgrading your OS less likely to cause issues with your own Perl setup. It also means you can use a newer Perl than the default one which comes with your OS.
- App-cpanminus provides the
cpanmtool, which makes installing modules very simple to do.