USER VOTES 4.5 stars by CNET
RAR for Mac OS X is a command line tool specially designed to help users compress, uncompress and encrypt files in the RAR format. Unfortunately, RAR for Mac OS X does not offer a user interface and all operations must be run from a Terminal window. In other words, RAR for Mac OS X is not as simple.
Compress, Encrypt, Package and Backup with only one utility
With over 500 million users worldwide, WinRAR is the world’s most popular compression tool!
Linux to usb for mac. The tool will start. ISO to USB has a high success rate, so you won't have any issues here.3. Select the USB drive you inserted and then hit the Burn button.
- Unzip RAR for Mac OS X: Best alternatives Check out alternatives to Unzip RAR for Mac proposed by our editors and user community. StuffIt Expander Free. StuffIt Expander supports a wide variety of files you download everyday on the web or receive in email. More than 30 formats are supported including archives.
- To open RAR files on Mac, double tap on the file icon. As you’ve changed the default setting on your device, the file will automatically be opened in the “The Unarchiver” window. Pick a location where you need to extract the contents of your RAR file. Tap on the “Extract” button placed on the bottom-right corner of the window.
- WinRAR is a Windows data compression tool that focuses on the RAR and ZIP data compression formats for all Windows users. Supports RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip.
There is no better way to compress files for efficient and secure file transfer. Providing fast email transmission and well-organized data storage options, WinRAR also offers solutions for users working in all industries and sectors.
RAR and WinRAR are Windows 10 (TM) compatible; available in over 50 languages and in both 32- and 64-bit; compatible with several operating systems (OS), and it is the only compression software that can work with Unicode.
Terminal based utility that makes it simple for its users to compress, uncompress and encrypt files archived using the RAR format
What's new in WinRAR 5.91:
- Bugs fixed:
- Unix RAR failed to properly unpack files from subfolders of archives created by RAR 1.40.
NOTE: If you need a user-friendly RAR interface for macOS, we recommend UnRarX.
If you recently switched from Windows to Mac, you probably what to know what is the equivalent of WinRAR on Mac. Fortunately the developer of WinRAR offers a Mac version called RAR for Mac OS X.
RAR for Mac OS X is a command line tool specially designed to help users compress, uncompress and encrypt files in the RAR format.
Unfortunately, RAR for Mac OS X does not offer a user interface and all operations must be run from a Terminal window. In other words, RAR for Mac OS X is not as simple to use on Mac as it was on Windows.
The RAR for Mac OS X package comes with a 40 days trial period and features the rar and the unrar tools, rar for creating archives and unrar for extracting RAR files.
If you want to be able to run the RAR for Mac OS X utilities from any folder on your Mac you can copy them into usr/local/bin, the folder where all UNIX programs a normal user would use should be installed.
In order to extract a RAR archive you have to open a Terminal window, go to the folder where you want to extract the files and type the unrar command line followed by the 'x' argument and the path of the archive you want to use for extraction.
To list all available command and switches you only have to run the rar or unrar command line utility from a Terminal window and a usage message will be displayed.
RAR for Mac OS X provides a long list of features that enables you to create password protected archives, batch extract RAR files and more.
Sadly, RAR for Mac OSX comes with support exclusively for RAR files, ZIP and other formats being supported only by the Windows version.
All-in-all, RAR for Mac OS X is a powerful and versatile utility that can help you extract and create RAR archives. Unfortunately, the lack of user interface pushes away newcomers and unexperienced users.
Rar Software Mac
WinRAR is part of these download collections: Open RARWinRAR was reviewed by George Popescu
- 40 days trial.
WinRAR 5.91add to watchlist
Rar Mac Appsend us an update
.rar For Mac
Free Rar For Mac
- runs on:
- Mac OS X (Universal Binary)
- file size:
- 587 KB
- main category:
- Compression Tools
- visit homepage
Rar For Mac Users Download
top alternatives FREE
top alternatives PAID