This handy guide was originally written by TanzNukeTerror!
Computer crash, power outage, or otherwise unexpected shutdown of your computer in the middle of playing Starbound? Character not showing up in your player menu after such an event? In cases like this, you might have a…
This didn't work! My character still doesn't show up! Repeat the second-last part of step 3, and then the last part with jumble.player.bak2 and jumble.shipworld.bak2. If that still doesn't work, try with jumble.player.bak3 and jumble.shipworld.bak3 After all that effort, my character still doesn't show up! My apologies, important. Aug 06, 2016 Starbound on. I can't caution enough to make backups in case you mess up in some way. Please backup your entire player folder before doing this just in case. This will create a backup of all files inside your player folder, just in case something goes wrong in step 3. Copy the folder; Paste the folder elsewhere (For example: On your desktop.) Step 3: Restore from a backup: This assumes your corrupt character was the most recent one you’ve accessed. Open starbound.xml with your text editor of choice. Our Starbound +7 trainer is now available for version 1.2.3B and supports STEAM. These Starbound cheats are designed to enhance your experience with the game. From Starbounder - Starbound Wiki. Simple Extended Character Creation Mod by Xankek Starbound. Simply extract into your mods folder in.
Starbound Edit Character Appearance
Oh no! That’s unfortunate! What do I do? Is there any way to restore it?
Fear not, important individual! There are indeed steps you can take to restore your beautiful character, and their ship, from an automatic backup! Just follow these steps carefully, and you’ll be chasing Poptops and catching Fawnflies in no-time!
Step 1: Find your player folder.1tb storage for mac.
- Right-click “Starbound” in your Steam library (Or “Starbound – Unstable” if you’re using Unstable or Nightly)
- Click “properties”
- Click “local files”
- Click “browse local files”
- Go into “storage”. Your “player” folder should be there.
Step 2: Back up your player folder.
This will create a backup of all files inside your player folder, just in case something goes wrong in step 3.
- Copy the folder
- Paste the folder elsewhere (For example: On your desktop.)
Step 3: Restore from a backup:
This assumes your corrupt character was the most recent one you’ve accessed. If that is not the case, and you’ve used one or two characters after that, then the files you want will be one or two jumbles further down.
Sort by date accessed, and the most recent one should be the first one. These files will be jumbles of letters and numbers. (Which I will refer to as [jumble] from here on.)
- Rename [jumble].player.bak1 and [jumble].shipworld.bak1 to [jumble].player and [jumble].shipworld
- Delete [jumble].player and [jumble].shipworld
Note: Do not actually change the jumble of letters and numbers, to [jumble]. Trilogy machine for copd. Leave them alone, and only change the stuff after the dot.
“This didn’t work! My character still doesn’t show up!”
Starbound Character Editor Mod
- Repeat the second-last part of step 3, and then the last part with [jumble].player.bak2 and [jumble].shipworld.bak2
- If that still doesn’t work, try with [jumble].player.bak3 and [jumble].shipworld.bak3
Starbound Free Download PC Game pre-installed in direct link. Starbound was released on Jul 22, 2016
About The Game
Starbound Character Extender
You’ve fled your home, only to find yourself lost in space with a damaged ship. Your only option is to beam down to the planet below and gather the resources you need to repair your ship and set off to explore the vast, infinite universe.
In Starbound, you create your own story – there’s no wrong way to play! You may choose to save the universe from the forces that destroyed your home, uncovering greater galactic mysteries in the process, or you may wish to forego a heroic journey entirely in favor of colonizing uncharted planets.
Settle down and farm the land, become an intergalactic landlord, hop from planet to planet collecting rare creatures, or delve into dangerous dungeons and lay claim to extraordinary treasures.
Discover ancient temples and modern metropolises, trees with eyes and mischievous penguins. Make use of hundreds of materials and over two thousand objects to build a sleepy secluded cabin in the woods, a medieval castle, or an underwater arcade.
- Choose from one of 7 playable races and customize your character
- Save the universe in a story campaign featuring unique characters, bosses, dungeons and quests!
- You’re the captain of your very own starship! Decorate it, expand it and use it to explore a procedurally generated universe
- Colonize uncharted planets and collect gifts from your tenants – if they like you, they may even ask to join your ship crew!
- Three game modes – Casual (no need to eat), Survival (eat to survive/drop items on death) and Hardcore (permadeath)
- Craft thousands of objects – building materials, armor, weapons, furniture and more
- Capture unique monsters to fight alongside you
- Built from the ground up to be easily moddable. You have the tools to make the universe your own – add new races, biomes, dungeons, and quests
Also Read:Factorio Free Download (v0.18.31)
How to Download & Install Starbound
- Click the Download button below and the file will get the download.
- Wait 5 seconds and click on the blue ‘download now’ button down the game icon. Now let the download begin and wait for it to finish.
- Once Starbound is done downloading, right click the .zip file and click on “Extract to Starbound.zip” (To do this you must have WinRAR, which you can get here).
- Double click inside the Starbound folder and run the exe application.
- Have fun and play! Make sure to run the game as administrator and if you get any missing dll errors, look for a Redist or _CommonRedist folder and install all the programs in the folder.
Starbound Free Download
Click the download button below to start Starbound Free Download with a direct link. It is the full version of the game. Don’t forget to run the game as administrator.
Starbound Character Editor
- OS: Windows XP or later
- Processor: Core 2 Duo
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 256 MB graphics memory and directx 9.0c compatible gpu
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 3 GB available space