Mac OS X is an awesome operating system. Partly because it integrates almost all features you need about audio, video, picture and disc burning. For average customers, these features are enough; while advanced users may need more, especially when creating discs. Roxio Toast is a disc-creation tool for Mac computers. And for tech savvy, it is one of the best options. Unfortunately, this giant disc burning application is only available to Mac OS X. So, today we will share the introduction and review of Roxio Toast and the best alternatives in this article. If you need a powerful disc-creation tool, you can read the comparisons and make a better decision.
- Toast Burning Software Mac Free Online
- Toast Burning Software Mac Free Download
- Toast Burning Software For Windows
- Toast Dvd Mac Free
- Toast Software For Mac
Part 1. Introduction and review of Roxio Toast
Apr 24, 2020. Toast Titanium enables you to quickly and easily grab video and music from various sources such as portable devices, discs, web, LPs and your Mac. Consequently, you can capture video from your AVCHD camcorder or any other HD video sources and create amazing Blu-ray videos or HD DVD discs. New Roxio Toast 8 Titanium complements the Mac OS and iLife software and sets the standard for burning CDs, DVDs, and now Blu-ray discs on the Mac. Create superior sounding audio CDs with smooth crossfades and transitions. Enjoy your TV shows anywhere with exclusive TiVoToGo and EyeTV burning.
Most users are satisfied with Mac OS X, for it is easy of use and enhancement features, such as iLift suite. But as with anything else, there is always room for improvement. Roxio Toast, for example offers more capable disc making features than built-in utilities in Mac OS X.
1. Edit and enhance videos and audios for disc burning.
2. Capture the videos from screen, portable devices, camcorder, discs or web.
3. Convert videos download from web, captured from camcorders, transferred from discs to portable devices supported formats, such as iPad, game consoles and more.
4. Copy CD, DVD and Blu-ray disc to blank discs or copy dual layer DVD videos to single layer discs.
5. Burn music or data disc, create DVD movie with extensive custom features.
6. Share videos to social networks directly.
Toast Burning Software Mac Free Online
- 1. Roxio Toast supports to burn video and audio files to disc without compression or transformation.
- 2. Burning speed is higher than average disc burning software.
- 3. The output quality is great.
- 1. It is expensive.
- 2. There are so many features that beginners may feel overwhelming.
Part 2. The Best Alternatives for Roxio Toast
1. Tipard DVD Creator
Unlike Roxio Toast, Tipard DVD Creator offers one version for Windows and Mac OS X respectively, so both Windows and Mac computers could share its powerful features.
1. Download online videos from YouTube, Vevo, Vimeo and other websites for DVD creating.
2. Make audio disc, data disc and burn variety of video files to discs, such as MP4, MOV, MPEG, FLV, WMV, MKV, AVI and more.
3. Transfer the videos from portable devices, like iPhone, iPad, and so on, and burn them on DVDs; or create ISO image from files and disc and burn ISO image on DVD.
4. Edit and enhance video and audio files by trimming, merging, cropping, watermark, video effects and filters.
5. Customize your DVD with extensive menu templates, personal background music, audio tracks and subtitles.
6. Create highest quality DVD movies playable on all DVD players.
If you need a stable DVD burning application that could help you simplify the process of DVD making, you can trust Tipard DVD Creator.
DVDStyler is the most popular open-source DVD burning software. Its basic features include:
1. Burn variety of audio and video formats to discs, such as AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG, OGG, WMV, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, Xvid, MP2, MP3, AC-3 and more.
2. Support to write different video formats on one disc without format converting.
3. Create photo slideshow with personal pictures for DVD creating.
4. Allow users to create interactive menus for DVD with templates or DIY DVD menu.
5. Write MPEG and VOB files to discs without re-encoding.
- 1. This Roxio Toast alternative is totally free of charge.
- 2. The latest version is available to Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- 3. The output quality is good.
- 1. Sneaky install adware.
- 2. It does not have extensive video editing features.
3. Aimersoft DVD Creator
Aimersoft DVD Creator is paid DVD burning software that available to both Windows and Mac OS X. Its principal features include:
1. Create DVD with a wide range of video and image formats, including HD video formats and MP4, AVI, MPG, MPEG, MOV, WMV.
2. Allow you to extract ISO image or DVD folder from digital files or discs.
3. Good games for mac for free. Offer the basic video editing features, such as rotate, crop and trim.
4. Design custom DVD menus with free of charge templates.
5. Make image slideshows for DVD burning.
- 1. The burning speed is fast.
- 2. This Roxio Toast alternative has an intuitive interface and is easy to use.
- 3. It is able to generate good-quality discs.
- 1. It lacks some necessary features related to audio tracks.
- 2. This disc burning application does not support new discs.
BurnAware is a free disc burning application for personal use. With this Roxio Toast alternative, you can enjoy plentiful features without paying a penny.
1. It is able to make audio CDs, MP3 discs, data discs and DVD movies. Allow you to burn any files to discs.
2. The output formats supported by this disc burning application include various CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs.
3. BurnAware also support to make bootable discs.
4. It has the capacity to extract ISO image from files or disc and burn on DVD.
5. This disc burning utility supports to copy a disc to blank ones.
- 1. BurnAware is a CUP-light disc burning application.
- 2. The straightforward interface allows you to find what you need easily.
- 1. The Bu-ray feature failed in our testing and ruined several Blu-ray discs.
- 2. It only works in Windows.
5. Nero Burning ROM
Nero Burning ROM is another popular paid disc burning application. Its fundamental features include:
1. Copy CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs to blank discs.
2. Burn digital files to discs to create audio CD, data disc, video DVD, Blu-ray discs and more.
Toast Burning Software Mac Free Download
3. The built-in SecurDisc 4.0 technology is able to add encryption and password protection to discs.
4. Rip music from audio CDs to PCs.
Toast Burning Software For Windows
- 1. This Roxio Toast alternative provides a mobile app version.
- 2. The disc encryption feature is useful.
- 3. The output quality is good.
- 1. Although it is a paid application, it will install adware.
While it has some shortcomings, Roxio Toast is still a good choice to create media disc on Mac. But if you are looking for more choices, you can browse the best alternative list. DVDStyler is the best free of charge alternative of Roxio Toast. You can get necessary features about disc making without paying any penny. Aimersoft DVD Creator is cross-platform disc burning software provides easy-to-use disc making features. BurnAware is another freeware that has the ability to write files to various disc formats. Nero Burning ROM is a popular DVD burning utility integrated encryption technology. If you are searching for the best solution, you should try Tipard DVD Creator.
Follow @Lily Stark
July 06, 2017 09:47
Toast Dvd Mac Free
- How to Make a DVD Effectively
This tutorial introduces how to easily burn files to disc and make a DVD so that you can store, back up and transfer files from local hard drive to DVDs.
- Top 4 Methods to Create DVD With Ease
This article provides you top 4 methods to create DVD with high quality and super fast speed, using the easy DVD Creator.
- Windows DVD Maker and Best Alternatives
We identify and share the best successors and alternatives to Windows DVD Maker. Read the review to make a decision.
- Convert MP4 to DVD on Windows and Mac
Convert MP4 to DVD can be easier than you think. Here are the best solutions to convert MP4 to DVD on Windows and Mac.
Toast Software For Mac
|There are a lot of ways to approach burning discs. Burn keeps it simple, but still offers a lot of advanced options.|
Keep your files safe and share them.
Burn your files to a disc so you can access them later on. Choose different filesystems so you can share your files with people with different operating systems.
Change advanced settings like, file permissions, the disc icon, file dates and more on the fly in Burns inspector.
Let the music be with you.
Create standard Audio-CD discs with ease. Just drop your audio files in Burns audio list. Want more music on your disc, Burn can create MP3 discs. More and more players support these discs. Higher quality, no problem, Burn can create DVD-Audio discs, which can contain more and higher quality files.
Burn offers advanced options like CD-Text and mp3 tag editing to personalize your disc.
Share your movies.
Made your own movies and want to share them with family and friends? No problem. Burn can create a wide range of video discs. From VideoCD to DVD-Video discs. And DivX discs to fit more of your videos on a disc.
To personalize your DVD-Video disc, burn can create interactive menus. Choose a theme in Burn or create your own.
1 + 1 makes 2.
Allready have discs you like to reproduce. Don't worry, Burn can help you. Burn can copy discs or use disk images to recreate your discs. With one drive Burn still will be able to copy a disc, by temporary saving the disc.
Forget worrying about conversion. Burn will take your video and audio files and turns them in the right format.
In the preferences you can set the options for quality and size.
How much does it cost.
Burn is absolutely free and open source. Burn also uses a lot of great free open source utilities to make it tick. Utilities: ffmpeg, lame, vcdimager, dvdauthor, spumux, mkisofs and dvd-author.