While sharing a file with your friends or colleagues you have often come across some large files which couldn’t be sent directly through our regular email account. At such times people seek the help of cloud service. Hence, they set on the otherwise boring task of creating account in DropBox or Google drive (if the person is using it for first time) or a regular user has to log in, upload file and then share it with the intended person. But with WeTransfer the hassle in the middle is cut short. Let’s find out in this OneHowTo article how to use Wetransfer on Mac.
- WeTransfer is the simplest way to send your files around the world. Share large files up to 2GB for free.
- WeTransfer is not available for Mac but there are plenty of alternatives that runs on macOS with similar functionality. The most popular Mac alternative is SendGB.com, which is free. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to WeTransfer and many of them are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement.
As a piece of multifunctional iPad, iPod and iPhone transfer software, Leawo iTransfer for Mac is used for transferring files among iOS devices, iTunes and Mac computers. Leawo iTransfer for Mac also helps you backup iPhone, iPad and iPod data to Mac computer with no efforts.
Download We Transfer For Mac
Advantages of Wetransfer
Transferring files usingWetransfer is preferred by many people and this is due to its simple and hassle free method. First of all it just throws out the concept of creating a private account of other such service providers. So, you don’t need to go through the tedious process of account creation.
It can send files up till 2 GB in size. So, you can transfer decent photos, videos and any other bigger file through this platform.
Transferring through Wetransfer
Not creating an account doesn’t mean your file gets shared with the whole world. Wetransfer’stransfers are as secure as any other such services. The files you send will be sent only to the intended recipient. The person receiving the file will receive an email. The email will contain a link through which he/she can download the file.
We Transfer For Mac
Using Wetransfer on Mac
We Transfer Desktop Mac
As many WeTransfer files are usually compressed as .zip files, you will have to previously download a specific program to be able to decompress this kind of files if you want to open a WeTransfer that was sent to you. We suggest using iZip. Once you have installed this program on your computer, you can begin to download a WeTransfer archive on your Mac.
We Transfer Macbook Air
On the other hand, sending a file through WeTransfer is much easier. Compress your file by creating a zip file if it's larger than 2GB and follow the steps:
- At first open the web browser i.e. Safari or Chrome or any other.
- Then go to the WeTransfer site: https://www.wetransfer.com
- Open the Terms and Conditions page. Then click on I Agree.
- Then go to next page. On the next page click on +Add Files.
- Then locate the files present in your Mac that you want to transfer.
- Finally click on choose and your selected files would be chosen.
- Then the next thing to do is to add friend. Here you should enter your friend’s email id. Also enter your own email id and any message that you want to send.
- If you want to send to more than one friend then there is option for that too. The email ids must be separated with commas.
- Finally when you are ready to transfer the file, click on Transfer.
- This will upload your file toWeTransfer. You can see the progress in the progress bar. Do not close your browser unless 100% of the file is uploaded.
- Soon after this your friend will receive an email containing the link from where they can download the file.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Use Wetransfer on Mac, we recommend you visit our Internet category.