Word 2011 for Mac brings a new wrinkle to collaborating with others. SkyDrive or SharePoint enables you to use the expansive capabilities of Microsoft Word while collaborating on a document online and in real time.
Word 2011 has significantly improved collaboration tools, making it obvious that Microsoft now considers Word for Mac, and thereby the Mac itself, to be an enterprise-level work tool. The concept of a page in Word is a bit flexible. In Office 2011 for Mac, Word formats your document based on the fonts used, margin settings, and also on the capabilities of your computer’s default printer. You can set up everything just perfectly on your computer, but when the document is opened on another computer, the formatting can change.
Word 2011 for Mac coauthoring requirements
You can coauthor a document that was saved in Microsoft Word (.docx) format with a collaborator who has Word 2011 for Mac or Word 2010 for Windows. No other versions of Word support coauthoring.
The document to be coauthored must be saved on a SkyDrive account (free and open to the public) or Microsoft SharePoint 2010, which is installed on a private network (typically used in large corporations). The SharePoint option is limited to Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Business 2011, Microsoft Office for Mac Academic 2011, and Microsoft Office for Mac Standard 2011. All collaborators must have permission to read and write files to the SkyDrive or SharePoint 2010 folder in which the Word document is located.
Start sharing your Word 2011 for Mac document
Each collaborator opens the Word document that has been stored on the SkyDrive or SharePoint as described in the following sections.
Opening a Word document stored on SkyDrive
Each collaborator opens the Word document file using a Web browser. Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer are supported. The collaborator opens the URL of the stored document. The URL of the stored Word document can be sent to collaborators directly from SkyDrive by choosing Share→Send a Link.
If a collaborator uses different methods to open the file to be shared on SkyDrive, other collaborators may not be allowed to open the file and will receive a message saying that the file is locked for editing.
After a collaborator opens the Word document in the Web browser, the collaborator chooses the Open in Word option. After clicking OK to a message explaining that your computer needs to have a compatible Office program, the Word document will open in Microsoft Word 2011 (on a Mac) or Microsoft Word 2010 (on a PC). The download process can take a while, even with a fast Internet connection. After your Word document has finished downloading, you’re ready to start editing.
Opening a document stored on a SharePoint server
Collaborators will need to know the URL of the file to be shared. This can be obtained by navigating to the stored Word document using a Web browser.
Each collaborator does the following to start the sharing session:
Copy the URL of the file on the SharePoint Server.
In Word, choose File→Open URL.
Paste the URL of the Word file and then click OK.
After you’ve opened a document from the server, you can quickly open it again by choosing it in the recently used file list on the File menu or in the recent documents list in the Word Document Gallery.
By default, Microsoft Word saves the author's name with all documents that that author creates. Though with the MyLaw upload this is not necessary, Word does allow you to disable this feature for a particular document to ensure the anonymity of exams. Here's what to do.
Microsoft word for mac latest version 2016. This allows us to ensure that things are working smoothly before releasing the feature to a wider audience. Filter and Sort Without Disrupting Others: Create your own views while collaborating with others in Excel, so you can filter and sort without disrupting what others see. We sometimes release updates containing general quality and performance improvements and no new features. So, if you don’t see something described below, don't worry you'll get it eventually. If an app is not specifically listed below, the update for that app includes only quality and performance improvements.August 11, 2020Version 16.40 (Build 20081000) Feature updates Excel.
PC Users—Word 2010
Where Is Document Inspector In Word For Mac
- Click the “File” tab, then “Info,” then “Check for Issues,” then “Inspect Document.”
- When the Document Inspector dialog box opens, click the “Inspect” button at bottom right.
- Word examines the document, and then displays the results in a list. The second item in the list is “Document Properties and Personal Information.” To the right of “Document Properties and Personal Information” is a button labeled “Remove All.” Click that button. Next click “Close” then save your document.
PC Users—Word 2007
- Click the Word 2007 Microsoft Office button.
- Place the mouse cursor over 'Prepare' to reveal the 'Prepare the Document for Distribution' menu. Click 'Inspect Document.'
- Click 'Inspect.' The Document Inspector will scan your file for personal information.
- Click 'Remove All' if Document Inspector finds personal information in your file. Now click “Close” then save your document.
Mac users—Word 2011
- With the document open, select “Word” in the Word menu at the top of the screen and click “Preferences” in the drop down menu.
- From the “Word Preferences” dialog box, select “User Information” under the “Personal Settings” heading.
- Delete all the personal information that is displayed, click “OK”, then save your document.
Where Is Document Inspector In Word 2011 For Mac Download
At this time, law school IT does not know for sure if doing that will remove all possible identifying information from the document, but it will at least remove the author's name.